Author Topic: Superior X-ROAD Team Issue Di2 GR  (Read 689 times)

this is dog

Superior X-ROAD Team Issue Di2 GR
« on: October 27, 2023, 04:59:34 AM »
Hi all! I've been lurking around on this forum for some time and see quite some interesting builds passing by. I'm planning to build a gravel racer for myself and the Airwolf yfr068 caught my attention. Still contemplating if I should go for that frame due the headset bearing issues...

After some research I came across the Superior X-ROAD, very good looking frame if you ask me. Anyone an idea which frame this is based on?

wousera

Re: Superior X-ROAD Team Issue Di2 GR
« Reply #1 on: October 27, 2023, 10:06:03 AM »
Hi,
As far as I'm aware superior actually designs their own frames. I get that everything screams like they just rebrand open mould frames but they are actually a well respected brand in the mtb world (they did a lot of R&D in XC from what I've heard). I think they are mainly just a new unknown brand in the road/gravel scene with a cheesy name. I've seen a lot of people accuse them of selling rebranded open mould frames but have never seen anyone being able to present which manufacturer/open mould desing they are using. So from what i know they are legit the only way to get this frame (which is kinda affordable).

Hope this helps.

this is dog

Re: Superior X-ROAD Team Issue Di2 GR
« Reply #2 on: October 28, 2023, 07:00:06 AM »
Hi,
As far as I'm aware superior actually designs their own frames. I get that everything screams like they just rebrand open mould frames but they are actually a well respected brand in the mtb world (they did a lot of R&D in XC from what I've heard). I think they are mainly just a new unknown brand in the road/gravel scene with a cheesy name. I've seen a lot of people accuse them of selling rebranded open mould frames but have never seen anyone being able to present which manufacturer/open mould desing they are using. So from what i know they are legit the only way to get this frame (which is kinda affordable).

Hope this helps.

Fair point, I need to confess that I only skimmed quickly through the website and did not do any research about the brand. Your reply is very insightful, so thanks for that. I'm quite skeptical like many others I guess when it comes to 'newer' brands, nowadays it's quite easy to find a producer, smack a logo on it and sell it for $$$.

From what I know, Superior doesn't sell framesets separately. Only complete builds.