Chinese Carbon MTB > 29er

Miracle / MIRA FS822

(1/3) > >>

Boybiskit:
My Miracle FS822 arrived this week. I'm excited - it has taken me 6 months to choose, order, cancel, re-choose and re-order the frame for this next build! Interested to know if anyone is using or considering this frame - there's very little about them on the forum here.

It is size L of this frame painted gloss black: http://mira-factory.com/Product/detail/id/43.html.

Frame was chosen because Miracle have been around for a long time, good geometry, good price, good communication. It's also nice to try something a little different. I think this new breed of 120mm cross country frames is one of the most interesting MTB developments at the moment, and I can't wait to try it out.

This is my third Chinese frame build. Others are Airwolf YFM026 hardtail (2.5 years old, no problems); and a Carbonda 1001 (my son's. 18 months old. Gets hammered. Parts frequently break but no problems with frame).

There are a few reasons for this build:
1. A reward to myself for hitting 3.5w/kg when training for this season (although racing didn't happen because of life!).
2. To take over from my old Kona Hei Hei race bike that I really miss!
3. Something that I can use on less extreme trails, but that can handle them when needed. This should be great for marathon races in BC, Canada and for all day rides up in the alpine!
4. To potentially take over from the Airwolf, which I will either sell or convert to singlespeed and fully rigid.
5. I love selecting and building these bikes.

I'm not quite ready to build the FS822 yet - it arrived quicker than expected! This week I have unpacked it, designed decals and ordered wrap.

Build will use:
- Fox 34 Performance Elite 120. Removed from Airwolf and fully serviced with new decals from Slik
- Fox Float SL
- Dartmoor Tomcat rims. DT240 front hub and Shimano XTR rear with Sapim Laser spokes. Not yet built
- Bontrager Raceshop Limited carbon bar/stem combo, TransX 150mm dropper
- Magura MT5s
- Drivetrain from the Airwolf: Deore 12sp with XT shifter and X0 carbon crank / chinese power meter.

Impressions so far:
- Seller was Sally. She has been excellent at answering my detailed and sometimes stupid questions and always responded quickly on Whatsapp. Recommended.
- Frame was in stock. Paint took just over a week. Frame was shipped immediately by UPS and arrived in Canada in 5 days. Frame very well packed.
- I have not checked frame bearings etc yet but first impressions are that this is my best frame yet. Very clean inside the frame. Paint is excellent (1 small blemish that has been touched up on ICSG mount). Seatpost fitted very smoothly.

I have high hopes for this frame from on experience so far. I'll update the thread as I progress and if / when I run into any problems.

Poor pics taken so far are attached!

Patch64:
Nice frame
what was the price?
Thanks

ftajiri:
nice frame... is it will fit 2 bottle in downtube like new bmc fourstroke?

Boybiskit:
No - just 1 bottle mount.

Built the wheels this evening - 1775g. Not bad for wide, alloy rims!

Boybiskit:
Mini update. I picked up the final part (dropper) last night. I was hoping to use the dropper from my Airwolf hardtail but it is stuck - my first time as a victim of alloy post corroding in a carbon frame!

Order of little bits (BB; centerlock / 6 bolt adapters) from ZTTO arrived in less than a week.

Decals and wrap added to frame and cables/ hoses are routed.

Shock is fitted. The hardware was a bit of work. The shock reducers are listed as 8*22mm but the front one did not fit - I filed it down to ~21.7mm and it's in. The BB is fitted - no issues at all with the threads. As I get to know the frame, I am impressed with the quality.

I'm aiming to build the bike this week, and hope to have a 'shakedown' and first proper pics and report this weekend. I'm excited to finally ride it and do the 'big reveal'!

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version