Author Topic: Endurance Frame recommendations - Airwolf YFR066 or spend more money  (Read 1373 times)

eekden

I'm looking at getting an endurance frame as a relaxed road upgrade from my gravel bike and have been eyeing the YFR066 by Airwolf. https://airwolfcarbonbike.com/product/yfr066-airwolf-carbon-bike-frame-700c-disc-brake-road-carbon-bicycle-frame-roadbike-frame-carbon-road-disc/

Any reviews on this brand or recommendations for another frame, before I pull the trigger on 11.11 deals?
Frame is about $600, but I am willing to spend $750, if that amount will be enough to get me better quality.

Any help here is appreciated!
Note, I plan on purchasing on the di2 groupset from Merlin or aliexpress and already purchased a yuanan wheelset from Leon, who posts here.

eddietheengineer

Re: Endurance Frame recommendations - Airwolf YFR066 or spend more money
« Reply #1 on: November 10, 2023, 07:43:13 PM »
I'm looking at this frame as well, I was considering the CFR1056 but this is almost identical geometry

kubackje

« Reply #3 on: November 11, 2023, 04:32:35 AM »
I'm looking at this frame as well, I was considering the CFR1056 but this is almost identical geometry

I would take carbonda over airwolf 24/7.
Carbonda is an well known established brand, and airwolf is some aliexpress shop.

eddietheengineer

« Reply #4 on: November 11, 2023, 09:31:22 AM »
I would take carbonda over airwolf 24/7.
Carbonda is an well known established brand, and airwolf is some aliexpress shop.

Oops  :-X I had already purchased the Airwolf when I saw this this morning. I almost tried to cancel, but the Airwolf ended up under $400 shipped and can take 38C vs. 32C tires, so hopefully it won't be the end of the world.

jcr

« Reply #5 on: November 11, 2023, 11:54:54 AM »
That is the same frame as the Rinasclta all road frame. Heard it was ok still tempted on pulling the trigger on it too

eekden

« Reply #6 on: November 11, 2023, 12:58:08 PM »
Oops  :-X I had already purchased the Airwolf when I saw this this morning. I almost tried to cancel, but the Airwolf ended up under $400 shipped and can take 38C vs. 32C tires, so hopefully it won't be the end of the world.

How did you get it down to $400 shipped?!

eddietheengineer

« Reply #7 on: November 11, 2023, 01:06:38 PM »
I didn’t get the integrated handlebar! Since I wanted to have more adjustability.

coffeebreak

« Reply #8 on: November 11, 2023, 01:19:03 PM »

I don't think Airwolf is any different from VB or such. Its fine. I communicated with them from their website and it was okay. Not many reports out there but whatever I could find seem good. All the best with your build!

eekden

« Reply #9 on: November 11, 2023, 07:12:00 PM »
I didn’t get the integrated handlebar! Since I wanted to have more adjustability.

Oh that’s a great deal! Tried to get that deal myself AliExpress auto cancelled all my orders for security reasons and when I contacted support they said it was because I used an invalid coupon and I had to remove it, but all I used was the coupon from the homepage that it auto applied. Their customer support is pretty useless and told me to retry, which I did 5 times. A bit bummed out. But happy someone got that killer deal. Hopefully they fix the problem, so I can order before the deal is gone.
« Last Edit: November 11, 2023, 07:26:12 PM by eekden »