Chinese Carbon Road Bikes > Road Bike Frames, Wheels & Components

Yishun R1088-D Aero Road

<< < (2/6) > >>

ujmo_:

--- Quote from: chughes on October 31, 2023, 02:57:35 PM ---Where sizing is concerned if you have an existing bike that fits you, use a bike geometry site like https://geometrygeeks.bike/ to match your existing bike to the proposed new bike. Yishun can  also provide you with a sizing guide, hence email and request it This is the url for the 1088 on geometry geeks https://geometrygeeks.bike/bike/yishun-r1088-d-corrected-geometry-2023/

--- End quote ---
Thanks, I asked them for sizing guide of R1088-D and R086-D, which I’m also considering.This is the first time I’m buying a road bike(and building it on my own), before I only had MTB so unfortunately there is not so much to compare with.

I’m also curious on what do you guys think about their integrated handlebars - they offered me HB068, HB088 or HBR07.

chughes:
@ujmo_ Hi, because you are new to road cycling, do not go with the bars that are integrated with a stem. Would suggest HB058 and a separate stem. This way it would be less costly if you need to change the stem and or handlebar. Not sure how easy it is for you but consider getting a bike fit. The fitter will then be able to recommend what frameset you need to get. Worse case get a frameset closest to your fit (not too big) and then make the adjustments (eg longer or shorter stem/handlebar

I have the 086D, and can tell you its a good pick, can't say about the 1088 but it was on my list. Went with 086 because  the tifosi AURIGA DISC which clearly uses the same frameset has some good reviews

ujmo_:
I just got the frame delivered. Here are few pictures. I wonder if the cable hole in the fork(last picture) is normal this way or if I should contact Yishun about it. It isn’t smooth at all but I’m unsure if that’s expected with Chinese brands.

Dark17:

--- Quote from: ujmo_ on December 11, 2023, 12:56:56 PM ---I just got the frame delivered. Here are few pictures. I wonder if the cable hole in the fork(last picture) is normal this way or if I should contact Yishun about it. It isn’t smooth at all but I’m unsure if that’s expected with Chinese brands.

--- End quote ---

Contact them regarding that one. They are responsive on issues like that and would also gladly help you on how to fix it

chughes:
Any update on this frameset? What's the ride feel like?

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version