Author Topic: Clip on aerobars for integrated handlebars  (Read 208 times)

bremerradkurier

ejump0

Re: Clip on aerobars for integrated handlebars
« Reply #1 on: April 30, 2024, 06:09:55 PM »
imo:
- carbon flat top handlebars arent meant to be clamped as it probably arent reinforced to handle squeeze force. but with flat-wide profile, user may get away without clamping with high torque as the clipon wont roll fwd or backward
- the left n right clamps might be too far apart. workaround: the left n right clamp may need to be swapped so the arm cup are inboard. I n S bars a no go, J-bar need to angle inward so hand grips are closer together.
- cant adjust tilt, thus high angle J-bar preferred
« Last Edit: April 30, 2024, 06:28:54 PM by ejump0 »

Serge_K

Re: Clip on aerobars for integrated handlebars
« Reply #2 on: May 01, 2024, 09:12:58 AM »
Interesting design. the 4 part clamp thing for each base bar is smart. Idk if i'm man enough to try it, it would bum me out so bad to crack my cockpit and have to re-hose & re-bleed my brakes :D
I'd probably use electrical tape on the clamping surface to even out the clamping force, because there's a good chance the angles / curves / interfaces won't really match.

The biggest bummer of this is the absence of tilt. Nobody's running horizontal skis anymore. Would be worth asking if they have a spacer with a 15 degree angle or something like that. Most of these bars mounted on non tubes, to go from horizontal to angled, use a spacer with a slope.