Author Topic: GCN just reviewed Sava  (Read 1297 times)

zerstorer

Re: GCN just reviewed Sava
« Reply #15 on: April 20, 2024, 07:33:48 PM »
Quote from: jonathanf2
I'd say the publicity has worked in Sava's favor.
You got that right.

This was originally introduced as a concept bike, but even this production version seems more like a halo product for marketing purpose rather than an actual one for sale.

Just look at all the marketing info about it. No where on the sales page does it address availability of cockpit options. The only way do adjust the stack or reach would be to replace the top portion of the handlebar but nowhere is it mentioned in any listing.

Instead, so much space is wasted on extolling the virtues of the Shimano groupset.

Though there are supposed to be 4 sizes, just about every retailer that lists this only stock 2. (AliExpress, sava-deck, taobao)

The most damning evidence is that there are 0 purchases and reviews on its listing on taobao.com despite it being the largest china online market.

To me all this points to it being something just to draw attention to Sava rather than an actual product since they don't seem to have any interest in selling it.

Where are the influencer reviews?

YouTube should have been flooded with this by now considering how long it has been available on AliExpress and taobao.

« Last Edit: April 20, 2024, 07:38:22 PM by zerstorer »

Takiyaki

« Reply #16 on: April 20, 2024, 08:05:10 PM »
i hope that thing doesn't take off (metaphorically). this should remain nothing but a concept bike imo
integrated handlebars is one thing, STI is another, but a whole proprietary fork+handlebars combo? we need to go back. maybe not to downtube friction shifters but what's next? onepiece frame and seatpost? oh wait. shifters welded to handlebars from the factory, claiming a 40% stiffness improvement? this whole thing is ridiculous, convenience and fit be damned. it's probably not even faster
Dont panic lol. This is an outlier. You can still buy plenty of round seat tube external cable frame sets and conventional components.

toxin

« Reply #17 on: April 21, 2024, 07:42:14 AM »
Here's the explanation for your simple mind. The questions were: (a) do you have any knowledge of the company (b) are those components genuine.
yes, ofc they are. None of that has anything to do with the design of this bike specifically
« Last Edit: April 21, 2024, 07:45:42 AM by toxin »

jonathanf2

« Reply #18 on: April 21, 2024, 11:08:59 AM »
People getting mad over a bike they would never buy or consider.  ;D

If anything it will get people to look at their other framesets. They do make sub 7kg road bikes with Di2 components. Sava seems to be one those OEM companies that sell in bike shops in Asia and are trying expand their marketshare elsewhere. Polygon from Indonesia seems to be doing well with a similar approach. I tend to hear about their MTBs quite a bit.

Ar26

« Reply #19 on: April 21, 2024, 12:26:31 PM »
Not sure what you're reading, but those are not SAVADECK-BIKE.COM prices. The most expensive SAVA bike is the Falcon 9.0 Di2 with Dura ace at $5999USD.

zxcvbnmjm

« Reply #20 on: April 21, 2024, 12:28:35 PM »
Its already available on taobao now

16999rmb with 105
27999rmb with ultegra
36999rmb with da

Edit:

Also on alibaba for usd2804 with 105
« Last Edit: April 21, 2024, 01:28:52 PM by zxcvbnmjm »

Casio20