Chinese Carbon Road Bikes > Road Bike Frames, Wheels & Components

Eddie's Airwolf YFR066 Build Thread

(1/15) > >>

eddietheengineer:
Hello everyone and happy thanksgiving to the US folks!

I wanted to create a build thread for my Airwolf YFR066 to document my experience with the frameset, as well as all the rest of the Aliexpress deals I have gotten over 11.11 sales (and soon to be black friday sales).

Overall goals:
-Less aggressive geometry (my current bike I don't have steerer tube left and I need a >17 degree stem to get the handlebars up enough)
-Space for larger tires (25c barely fits with my current frame, 28-32C is ideal with room to grow)
-hydraulic disc brakes
-full carbon ~50mm wheels with wide rim width, tubeless compatible
-newer groupset with at least 11 speed
-Compact/semi compact crank with shorter crank arms (and power meter)
-Similar weight or lighter than my current ~2010 era road bike (~18 lbs)
-As many random Aliexpress orders as I can get  :)

Here's a link to a Google Sheets with parts list and Aliexpress links: https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1y6uIFHe2vutMn3ikGuVbpPe8hX08V3uloqBeOdkRBoc/edit?usp=sharing

I've also attached a screenshot of the document to this post as a reference.

Quick overview:
-Airwolf YFR066 frame without integrated cockpit
-Elitewheels Edge 50mm wheels
-OG-Evkin stem/handlebar
-Shimano Ultegra 11 speed hydraulic disc groupset
-Magene P505 power meter
-GP5000 ~30c tires

Currently rolling up in the 16-17lb range.

Received so far:
-OG-Evkin handlebar
-Shimano Ultegra groupset

eekden:
Super excited to see this build. I also ordered the YFR066 (though I chose painted w/ integrated cockpit) during 11.11 sale for ~$515 inc taxes. Can't wait for your updates.

eddietheengineer:
Small update--I ended up getting some more odds and ends during Black Friday:

-Magene P505 power meter (will use my Shimano Ultegra chainrings)
-Brake bleed kit
-Internal housing foam/damper
-Brake hose cutting tool
-ExAid ultralight bottle cages
-OG-EVKIN bar tape

Nearly everything has shown up so far except the frame and power meter (was a pre-buy--shipped yesterday). The frame is still stuck in paint I think--it's taken way longer than I expected to get everything through.

Weights:
-Shimano 160mm rotor - 117g w/ lockring
-Shimano 140mm rotor - 98g w/ lockring
-Elitewheels Front - 635g
-Elitewheels Rear - 731g
-Ultegra cassette - 244g

sbellote:
Been running that same combination of OG-Evkin bars+stem for >2yrs now. Very nice finishing, very nice riding too, although I don't have much experience with other bars/stems...
Only issue I had was with internal routing through the bars, lines seem too tight and couldn't make it work, so I ended up routing through the outside anyway, doesn't make that much of a difference

dinorello:
Mechanically is doesn't but esthetically it's worth all the frustration of internally routing through the bars

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version