Author Topic: VeloBuild VB-R-268 frame  (Read 28841 times)

cramy

Re: VeloBuild VB-R-268 frame
« Reply #45 on: January 18, 2024, 05:19:01 AM »
exactly, I hope he will ask them

toxin

« Reply #46 on: January 18, 2024, 05:53:07 AM »
And that's the Velobuild tax

jepa83

« Reply #47 on: January 19, 2024, 12:38:21 PM »
Another topic is that there is no hole in bottom bracket to let the water out. I had to drill it too and in his video it’s visible that he also has no hole in his BB. I commented this in his first part of the video. I hope he will noticing it.

But no big thing with the handlebar. I guess Velobuild will replace it.

My bike is nearly finished. Pics will be coming  soon.

JV

Mrtn

« Reply #48 on: January 23, 2024, 01:40:39 PM »
Hi Everyone!

New to the forum but I have been following many builds and decided to try it myself.
I have purchased the 268 frame too - it should be on it's way and arrive the coming weeks.
Chris has been very helpful with my requests, but it seems that the frame has been sent with a matte finish rather than satin as requested. Chris is helpful in trying to find a solution.

I will certainly drill a hole in bottom too! ;)

I have the most "respect" for the internal cable routing and the bleeding of the brakes, guess I will watch some youtube videos to get it right!

For the parts, I will be running a mechanical 11speed 105 groupset, Ican Alpha 40 Pro wheels with 30mm Schwalbe Pro tires.

Will post some pictures as soon as I get the frame!

jardo0o

« Reply #49 on: January 25, 2024, 03:10:14 AM »
My 268 pearl white glossy is also on its way, hope color will be right  :o

Hi Everyone!

New to the forum but I have been following many builds and decided to try it myself.
I have purchased the 268 frame too - it should be on it's way and arrive the coming weeks.
Chris has been very helpful with my requests, but it seems that the frame has been sent with a matte finish rather than satin as requested. Chris is helpful in trying to find a solution.

I will certainly drill a hole in bottom too! ;)

I have the most "respect" for the internal cable routing and the bleeding of the brakes, guess I will watch some youtube videos to get it right!

For the parts, I will be running a mechanical 11speed 105 groupset, Ican Alpha 40 Pro wheels with 30mm Schwalbe Pro tires.

Will post some pictures as soon as I get the frame!
« Last Edit: January 25, 2024, 03:12:42 AM by jardo0o »

Easyfunk

« Reply #50 on: January 27, 2024, 01:09:09 PM »
I received the frame yesterday and it was shipped to Germany within 10 days. That was really fast. I did a first inspection and the quality seems to be very good. However, a final verdict is still pending as you can only really say something about the quality when you build the frame and ride it. This will happen in the next days and weeks.

I can confirm that the tire clearance is 32mm. Probably even wider tires will fit without problems.

I have a first small problem with the mounting of the rear thru axle. I had to re-cut the thread there. A small thing, but it has to be mentioned.

I'll get back to you as soon as I have more details and will send photos and weights.

Benbenben

« Reply #51 on: January 27, 2024, 02:31:01 PM »
@jepa83, any updates to your build?

hazzer19

« Reply #52 on: January 29, 2024, 10:41:04 AM »
Got my 268 frame last week before going out of town and just started working on it last night. Didn't plan on drilling a drain hole in the BB but after taking the BB out of my 177 it was clear that I needed one. Checked with VB just to be sure it would be ok and then confirmed it was. Drilled a small hole into the frame and carrying on with the build.

jardo0o

« Reply #53 on: January 30, 2024, 03:00:45 AM »
What size of hole do they recommend?

Got my 268 frame last week before going out of town and just started working on it last night. Didn't plan on drilling a drain hole in the BB but after taking the BB out of my 177 it was clear that I needed one. Checked with VB just to be sure it would be ok and then confirmed it was. Drilled a small hole into the frame and carrying on with the build.

dank_ganks

« Reply #54 on: January 30, 2024, 01:03:18 PM »
BTW, for those who have their frame: what shape/dimensions is the interior of the seatpost? Wondering how I'm going to mount my Di2 battery.

Mrtn

« Reply #55 on: January 30, 2024, 01:47:27 PM »
My frame arrived!

Well packed and undamaged. Mine even had the bottom bracket hole already drilled, and the holes in the handlebar were good too. The additional derailleur hanger that I asked for wasn't included.
On the back of the seatpost was a text, GRAAL. Anyone heard of a brand with those?

The paintjob looks like good quality, and my decals were neatly placed.

Just a question, I have 105 brakes but no adapters for mounting (160mm disc in front, 140 in the back) - anyone knows which one specifically I need? I ordered one but it seems to be the wrong one, will wait until I get it.

Now awaiting the last few parts such as a threaded BB from Aliexpress (ZTTO I believe).

Edit: @ Dank_ganks, please see pics  :)

Cheers!
« Last Edit: January 30, 2024, 01:57:28 PM by Mrtn »

coffeebreak

« Reply #56 on: January 30, 2024, 02:15:05 PM »

The paintjob looks like good quality, and my decals were neatly placed.

Just a question, I have 105 brakes but no adapters for mounting (160mm disc in front, 140 in the back) - anyone knows which one specifically I need? I ordered one but it seems to be the wrong one, will wait until I get it.

That color is fantastic and good job on the decals too.
Assuming you have 105 flat mount calipers, you need these:
https://www.aliexpress.us/item/3256804777212476.html

joegal

« Reply #57 on: January 30, 2024, 02:59:45 PM »
On the back of the seatpost was a text, GRAAL. Anyone heard of a brand with those?

GRAAL seems to be the component brand of S1neo. (
https://www.s1neo.com/en/detail-product/graal-wheel-45mm-disc-h45dc-dtswiss-240s/p/482)

As the new velobuild track frame is also used by s1neo, i would not be surprised if the 268 mould also was intended for them...

joegal

« Reply #58 on: January 30, 2024, 03:28:15 PM »

I guess we solved some of the velobuild mystery: the 268 is the same frame as their 699D.

I was a bit misleaded by the painjob and the searpost, so I first thought this was not the same as the velobuild. Bute then I found this picture, which shows that the S1neo is the same frame. same seatpost and even the Mavic SpeedRelease Axles are the same.
https://cycolo.com/products/s1neo-699d-frameset

Or maybe this was a first iteration of the 699D, as the current one on the website looks different (different tube shapes, downtube cutout for Front wheel): https://www.s1neo.com/en/road/699d-disc

EDIT: Well, the "current' 699D looks very close to the Speeder SC-R49D...

But the 2022 model is clearly the VBR 268: https://youtu.be/7-XRlu6W-HY?feature=shared
« Last Edit: January 30, 2024, 03:37:00 PM by joegal »

BalticSea

« Reply #59 on: January 30, 2024, 04:00:50 PM »
So basically the frame was manufactured for that company for a while, contract ended and now the mould is open for companies like Velobuild?