Chinese Carbon Road Bikes > Road Bike Frames, Wheels & Components

WheelTop EDS TX Full Wireless Groupset (Chinese SRAM)

<< < (49/84) > >>

biceryder:
I haven’t tried yet.  Just using an old Garmin 530.

Went on a 100k group ride yesterday.  Not the fastest group but did a lot of gear changes.  Mostly an endurance ride for me.  The EDS performed pretty well for the most part.  I did encounter two issues that I’m going to address this week.

1:  When I shift in the middle gears of the cassette there is some “noise/clicking” when I shift down.  Its almost like it doesn’t settle into the gear.  However, if I shift past it and then back up it goes away.  I’m going to play with micro adjust feature and see if I can’t fix it.

2:  At about the 80-85k mark the group started surging on a hill.  I was in the middle of the pack and shifted to maintain my cadence and match the group’s speed.  There was a loud metallic “pop” in the back.  I was shifting under load but not putting down crazy power.  I sounded like it came from the cassette.  Now real change in how it was functioning but I was concerned enough that I pulled off the group and rode in with a much smaller group the last 15k.  It shifted fine the rest of the way but I need to inspect the cassette and chainring for any broken teeth.  FWIW, all the components are brand new.  I’m hoping it was just a skipped gear or something.

Linsook:
Thoughts on shifter forward play?  For me, It would have been nice if that movement wasn't there but not a deal breaker.

Youtu.be/EnTpydWnZEY
youtu.be/GJAumV2gOCs

Tijoe:

--- Quote from: Linsook on May 15, 2024, 01:09:53 PM ---Thoughts on shifter forward play?  For me, It would have been nice if that movement wasn't there but not a deal breaker.

Youtu.be/EnTpydWnZEY
youtu.be/GJAumV2gOCs

--- End quote ---

I never even noticed that the brake levers can be moved forward.  Non issue to me.  The levers are always where they need to be when I brake and shift.

jonathanf2:

--- Quote from: Linsook on May 15, 2024, 01:09:53 PM ---Thoughts on shifter forward play?  For me, It would have been nice if that movement wasn't there but not a deal breaker.

Youtu.be/EnTpydWnZEY
youtu.be/GJAumV2gOCs

--- End quote ---

Both my Ultegra and LTwoo ER9 levers do that. If you adjust your lever reach, there will be slight play. Not really a big deal.

kvnp:
Hi,

I have a question for the current owners of this groupset.

I haven't installed the groupset on my bike yet, but I would like to know if your rear derailleur (RD) was stuck on the 3rd gear when you initially set it up.

Here's my issue:
- I can't shift to the first or second gear when I am on the biggest chainring.
- I can shift to any gear when I am on the smallest chainring.

For context, I am configuring the groupset to work with a 12-speed cassette.

I saw that a similar issue was addressed in a previous post, but I wanted to know if it is normal to have this problem if the groupset is not installed on a bike.

Cheers

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version