Chinese Carbon Road Bikes > Road Bike Frames, Wheels & Components

WheelTop EDS TX Full Wireless Groupset (Chinese SRAM)

<< < (51/84) > >>

kbernstein:
Inspired by sharks? The chinese are now doing meaningless bullshit marketing, they are learning so fast!
Is it 1x only?  :( No word on clearance or capacity, would be nice if you could purchase the gravel RD with road levers and FD and run something like 50-34 11-42

toxin:
Can already run that, probably going up to mtb sizes

raisinberry777:

--- Quote from: kbernstein on May 16, 2024, 03:20:07 PM ---Inspired by sharks? The chinese are now doing meaningless bullshit marketing, they are learning so fast!
Is it 1x only?  :( No word on clearance or capacity, would be nice if you could purchase the gravel RD with road levers and FD and run something like 50-34 11-42

--- End quote ---

Looking at the model names, there will be 'GS' and 'SGS' versions of both the carbon and aluminium rear derailleurs. Clearly they're ripping off Shimano's MTB/gravel naming scheme here, where 'GS' is a medium cage and 'SGS' is a long cage.

The models listed are:
GX-RX6700-GS
GX-RX6700-SGS
GX-RX7701-GS
GX-RX7701-SGS

In Shimano's latest 12-speed GRX (for example), the GS supports up to a 10-45 cassette, and SGS is used for 10-51. Looks like a similar scheme will be used here.

There's also a TX-R7101-SGS derailleur mentioned there - TX is for road, but SGS is long cage. It might be that this is a wide-range 2x option.

toxin:
6000 are rim brake models

GS is the tag for the current mechs

In practice GX probably simply means 1x and TX 2x

jonathanf2:

--- Quote from: raisinberry777 on May 16, 2024, 04:30:04 PM ---There's also a TX-R7101-SGS derailleur mentioned there - TX is for road, but SGS is long cage. It might be that this is a wide-range 2x option.

--- End quote ---

If it's a 2x gravel electronic groupset, I'm sold. I hate 1x. I prefer riding to the trails which requires doing road miles beforehand. I find driving to a trail just to ride a bike to be incredibly lame. Probably accounts for why most of MTB'ers I see in my area are switching to e-bikes to make up for their lack of fitness!

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version