Author Topic: WheelTop EDS TX Full Wireless Groupset (Chinese SRAM)  (Read 45449 times)

jonathanf2

Re: WheelTop EDS TX Full Wireless Groupset (Chinese SRAM)
« Reply #300 on: June 01, 2024, 11:35:13 AM »
I received my first Wheeltop "Pre-order"  E-mail yesterday.   The prices are listed in Euros.  At the bottom of the email is a USA address: (No phone number)

Wheeltop
820 N River St. Portland, Oregon
United States.

Looks like Wheeltop has a USA presence

Interesting choice to setup shop in Portland. They'll definitely be testing their groupset water proofing there (rains a lot). Great city for cycling and especially gravel!

rockerplates.de

« Reply #301 on: June 01, 2024, 01:16:26 PM »
Are you testing several EDS TX groupsets to become EU/DE distributor?
Nope , not worth the effort

biceryder

« Reply #302 on: June 01, 2024, 03:43:41 PM »
Just a quick update on my EDS TX Road rim brake group. 

Have logged a decent amount of training miles and did two 60-70mi group rides with some climbing.

Overall, the experience has been good.  Three issues have been bothering me:

1) In certain gears (7 and 4) when shifting down I get some “clicking” like its not fully seated. This is after I used the “fine tuning adjustment” in the work stand.  However, for the troublesome sprockets, if I shift down one gear and then back up to the one that makes noise, it goes away.  Just an annoyance.

2) On occasion, it will overshift, almost aways on the downshift. Again this is in the middle gears.  It only happens once in awhile.  A simple upshift drops it in the correct gear.

3) “Racing Mode” has never worked for me.  I’ve attempted multiple times to enable racing mode but it just skips 2-3 gears with every press of the shifter. So, I’ve only used it in Casual Mode.

Today, I decided to do some more fine tuning with the app.  Wheeltop pushed an update for the app and firmware updates for all the group components.  I ended up starting over with the initial calibration and went one by one readjusting each cog.  I was able to eliminate issues 1 and 3. All the gears shift up and down without issue.  Racing mode now works.  Time will tell if issue 2 continues or not.  I’ll be putting quite a bit of training miles on it tomorrow. 

Hopefully the firmware upgrades made a difference.

Tijoe

« Reply #303 on: June 02, 2024, 11:01:24 PM »
For your issue #2,  double check your "B" screw setting.  At one point in my tuning, I had an extra link in my chain and in order to make it shift smoothly I had to adjust the "B" screw in to pull the derailleur farther back.  For some reason, I had the same issue as you.  I removed another link, and was able to unscrew the "B" screw some more, re-adjusted my trims, and the over-shifting went away. 

« Reply #304 on: June 03, 2024, 11:13:31 PM »
Interesting choice to setup shop in Portland. They'll definitely be testing their groupset water proofing there (rains a lot). Great city for cycling and especially gravel!

I've ridden it a few times in the rain so far it held up fine. Just make sure you clean it up after the ride especially for the chrome parts to avoid corrosion.

I had an issue recently with the 6th to 7th gear shifting but the local bike guy sorted it for me. Minor issue aside, its been pretty much uneventful using the groupset since February 2024.

Thx4theFalcon

« Reply #305 on: June 05, 2024, 12:29:24 PM »
So, I received the Wheeltop EDS TX groupset from AliExpress and naturally I’ve run into issues. Maybe someone here can help. After following the instructions for pairing and connection to the app, neither has happened. The derailleurs are to be connected to a power source then removed (rear first then front) and the lights will both blink blue. The issue I have is the RD light starts blue then turns green and stays green as opposed to blink green then flash blue. The FD blinks blue (ready to pair) but no pairing will happen because the RD stays green. I’ve contacted Wheeltop and they’ve sent the pairing video and told me “it needs connected.”  Anyone have the same issue?

Sincman

« Reply #306 on: June 06, 2024, 12:40:06 PM »
"Wheeltop pushed an update for the app and firmware updates for all the group components.  I ended up starting over with the initial calibration and went one by one readjusting each cog.  I was able to eliminate issues 1 and 3. All the gears shift up and down without issue.  Racing mode now works.  Time will tell if issue 2 continues or not.  I’ll be putting quite a bit of training miles on it tomorrow." 

I applied the firmware update for the ANT+ cycling computer gear display. I'm using a Stages DASH L50.  It now shows front and rear gear position. However the gears are shown in reverse. When in the large front chain ring, the display shows it to be in the small ring. Same issue in the rear. When I'm in 1st gear, smallest cog, the display shows the chain in gear 12, the largest cog.

I'm not sure how to correct this. Has anyone else encountered this quirk or have thoughts on making adjustments to show the proper gear?
« Last Edit: June 06, 2024, 12:53:42 PM by Sincman »

Sincman

« Reply #307 on: June 08, 2024, 12:51:26 PM »
I received a response from Wheeltop regarding the reverse gear display.

"Regarding the issue you described where the gears are shown in reverse on the display, please note that our gear display has always defined gear positions in a reverse manner. This is a known behavior and does not affect the normal functionality of the gear display or your cycling experience."

It would seem that this is by design. It may not "affect [sic] normal functionality" but is confusing since it is not intuitive as the size vertical bar doesn't represent the gear size.  It also breaks from the convention used by the other major manufacturers of electronic groupsets. 

Can only hope they see the error in their ways and release another update.

« Reply #308 on: June 09, 2024, 10:36:39 AM »
 have connected my EDS-TX to my Bryton Rider 420.
Since then, I have made a visual walkthrough video for reference.
youtu.be/HTtnzaepHDA

Linsook

« Reply #309 on: June 09, 2024, 10:46:30 AM »
have connected my EDS-TX to my Bryton Rider 420.
Since then, I have made a visual walkthrough video for reference.
youtu.be/HTtnzaepHDA

The gearing is not backwards for you right?  It's in reverse order on my Karoo2.

« Reply #310 on: June 09, 2024, 09:39:59 PM »
For the record, on the Bryton Rider 420 here are the gear set ups:

Front Derailleur:
Gear 1 - Small Chainring
Gear 2 - Big Chainring

Rear Derailleur
Gear 1 - Biggest Cog
Gear X (depending on speeds) - Smallest Cog eg. 10T/11T/12T

« Reply #311 on: June 09, 2024, 09:41:14 PM »
The gearing is not backwards for you right?  It's in reverse order on my Karoo2.

Does it have any issue for you to set up the gears correctly and display accurately on the Karoo2?
Could be more of a Wheel Top quirk on top of anything else.

MartinSolder

« Reply #312 on: June 12, 2024, 02:30:31 AM »
Just got my Wheeltop cable brake groupset from Aliexpress. Easy to install on the bike. Went to initial install lined the rear derailleur up with the small cog and set the limit screw then wanted to set the limit screw on the large rear cog and could only get the derailleur to move to cog 8 on a ten speed cassette. After a lot more fiddling and frustration the rear derailleur is stuck on the large cog at the back. On the app this is shown as gear 1. Somehow I have moved the starting gear as the large cog. Not sure how I did this. Is there a simple way to return the derailleur to its original setting (reset button) so that I can start all over again or is there a simple way of getting gear 1 back to the small cog on the rear cassette?

Also is there some easier set up instructions for the gearing?. The Wheeltop manual is pants and confusing!!

Any help greatly appreciated

Nomuetze

« Reply #313 on: June 12, 2024, 05:08:37 AM »
Hmm…ya, setup could be a pain…
However, have you checked die values in „finetuning“ in the App. At least there is button to revert to original values.
Have you checked if you reversed to paddels on the RH lever?
And you could reach out to wheeltop directly, they reply in 12-24h usually.

MartinSolder

« Reply #314 on: June 12, 2024, 05:34:24 AM »
many thanks for the reply.

Will have a look at those tomorrow when I can play with it again and will send Wheeltop a message as well.

I think reverting back to the original values has no effect on the derailleur as it is as the values all look normal.

I think it is to do with the starting position. It thinks cog 10 is cog 1.

« Last Edit: June 12, 2024, 05:53:22 AM by MartinSolder »