Chinese Carbon Road Bikes > Road Bike Frames, Wheels & Components

WheelTop EDS TX Full Wireless Groupset (Chinese SRAM)

<< < (65/66) > >>

raisinberry777:

--- Quote from: repoman on June 13, 2024, 08:47:09 AM ---800 bucks for a group this iffy when Rival AXS can be had for 200 bucks more greymarket doesn't make sense to me.

--- End quote ---

I agree that the price doesn't present a great option for a new build compared to grey market Shimano 105 or SRAM Rival. I would expect that there are three main markets for this group:

* those looking to upgrade an existing 10-11 speed mechanical bike to electronic
* those who already have other cranks/chains/cassettes already
* those on rim brakesFor me, I'm definitely interested in putting it on a rim brake bike, but I will wait until the price is closer to L-Twoo ER9 (350-400 USD). I expect prices will come down over time. It will also be interesting to see the pricing of the Magene option when it's available (though I expect it's still quite a while off yet).

Looks like they've sent groups to a whole bunch of YouTubers across a variety of languages so they're clearly pretty keen to go with the influencer marketing route - hopefully we see some positive long-term reviews out of it.

It will also be interesting to see if we can start getting it as an OEM option with Chinese frames - that could result in some pretty aggressive pricing for full builds or even frame/groupset combos.

MartinSolder:
Once I had got it installed and working I was really impressed with it. It cost me £445 and as I had a titanium 10 speed rim brake bike I wanted to upgrade it was the only real option. I'm really impressed with it and the minor niggles you have with most systems. The performance  and cost makes up for any minor problems.

Tijoe:
I have experienced this happening 3 times now.   The latest was this scenario.

While riding up a long, about 8% grade, I need to downshift.  I click the paddle switch and there no shift.  I keep tapping the paddle and still nothing.  I stop and look at the LED on the shifter.  it glows when I push the paddle.   I  bounce the bike up and down several times and then I can see the derailleurs LEDs turn on.  I shift again and the rear derailleur shifts.   

It appears that my system is going to sleep on long steeper climbs and wont turn on unless I have some sort of larger impact to the vibration sensor/s.  I am starting to wonder if the vibration sensors are not sensitive enough, and/or do not work at steeper angles. (This is happening on gravel road climbs, not smooth asphalt, so there is a lot of bike bouncing and road impacts.)   (I have about 800 miles on the this EDS TX.)

Fleckinger:
Some findings about derailleur.
Looks like the FD battery is removable, but there is sealant between the battery and the derailleur body (pic 1) and I found a report of water ingress through that gap between the battery and body (pic 2). And some device insides as a bonus.
Additionally, there is a report of PCB corrosion caused by condensation due to temperature changes (dew point).

Tijoe:
Is that corrosion I see on one terminal of the battery to how it mates with the derailleur pins? 

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version