Chinese Carbon Road Bikes > Road Bike Frames, Wheels & Components

WheelTop EDS TX Full Wireless Groupset (Chinese SRAM)

<< < (66/84) > >>

biceryder:

--- Quote from: Sincman on June 12, 2024, 09:55:46 AM ---Yes, been there.
Go to initial calibration under equipment debugging and manually move the front and rear derailleurs to the positions shown under debugging shifting. Then exit and proceed with fine tuning. I learned to always shift to the large ring in front and the smallest cog in the rear before going back to initial calibration or it calibrates to your current gear position and messes everything up.

--- End quote ---

Hey, quick update.  I followed this advice and started my initial calibration all over last week.  After that I did a few minor fine tuning adjustments.  Went on some good training rides this weekend.  Happy to report my EDS TX rim groupset is running smoothly and quietly with no gear skips.  Additionally, I shortened my chain by one link and got the b-screw a little closer without losing tension on the chain.

I have gotten it wet and muddy from road spray but I have ridden it in any downpours.  I hope the waterproofing is addressed in future iterations.  For the price I have been very satisfied with this group (despite the slow shifting of the FD).

Fleckinger:

--- Quote from: Tijoe on June 17, 2024, 05:06:59 PM ---Is that corrosion I see on one terminal of the battery to how it mates with the derailleur pins?

--- End quote ---

Yes.

Fleckinger:

--- Quote from: Fleckinger on June 17, 2024, 04:30:17 PM ---Additionally, there is a report of PCB corrosion caused by condensation due to temperature changes (dew point).

--- End quote ---

Here's the picture of those PCB.

As an addition the picture of a shifter button and a report about shifter water ingress.

Fleckinger:
Here https://youtube.com/watch?v=-k5TzYEYwJg you can see that RD battery easily removable, i hope Wheeltop will sell batteries separately as other spare parts. Also video contains some instruction to prevent water ingress, you can turn on auto translation for subtitles, they are decent.

Fleckinger:
Wheeltop will show new products at Eurobike. I assume that EDS GeX is the gravel version.
7800 looks almost the same current 7000 version, except for the OSPW cage. I wonder if this is just a new OSPW cage or something else new? Does anyone know if the cage is removable on current version of EDS TX?

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version