Chinese Carbon Road Bikes > Road Bike Frames, Wheels & Components

WheelTop EDS TX Full Wireless Groupset (Chinese SRAM)

<< < (84/84)

estingo:

--- Quote from: Serge_K on September 16, 2024, 04:22:40 AM ---Wanted to highlight this, as i dont think it is widely known that the quality of the hydraulic hose matters. I didn't realize it was a thing until 1 week ago myself.
On this forum, there's a lot of discussion around mechanical disc brakes and the fact you NEED to use Jagwire KEB-SL kevlar hoses to maximize braking performance. Honestly, you're shooting yourself in the foot if you dont use that (may be irrelevant if you're very light, obviously, but i'm not)

--- End quote ---

Same story, I wasn't aware myself until I pulled them out and received the Magura ones, what a night and day difference. I might have shot myself in the leg, we will see, I'm not the lightest either sitting around 85kg. For checking a replacement, I considered the standard Shimano and Sram, I also checked the Jagwire but found a few reviews that people didn't like, so in the end I went for a Kevlar version of Magura. I wanted Kevlar to be a replacement because it's obviously better than the "normal" Aliexpress ones and I thought Magura isn't too bad either.

Anyway I didn't drove a single km or mile yet because I'm still waiting for my wheels. will report how it feels though, later on. Thanks for the awareness of Brake hoses and your experience as well.

Linsook:
Interesting comments on hydraulic hoses.  I'm on the stock ones and they feel great and are working fine.  I'm about 100kg.

When I do major maintenance I will look into replacing the hoses but I am skeptical of any gains. 

Sebastian:
Back in my motorcycle days I remember that steel braided brake lines for the brakes were all the rage among racers as it was supposed to improve the braking point. Dunno exactly if those are standard for cars. But IMO I've used stock Shimano ones, Magura ones and now on a recent build I used whatever LTWOO sends along with their stuff. I can't tell any difference and TBH I don't think on bike brakes there's enough oil pressure involved so that it really makes a difference, at least not as much of a difference as on a dual front brake with 4pistons per caliper and 300mm rotors on a superbike that goes 300kph. But with that being said, r2-bike.com in Germany sells exactly those "steel flex" hydraulic brake lines if you feel curious. They're almost 100EUR per 2.6 metres of brake line. I think I'll pass.

kanuto:
Anyone tried the eds gx?

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[*] Previous page

Go to full version