Author Topic: Ti Frames?  (Read 550 times)

repoman

Ti Frames?
« on: December 26, 2023, 08:38:57 AM »
Is there a spot to discuss Ti road/gravel frames on this forum? 
Trying to find info on some of these frames in the 1000 USD range and there's not much info available it seems.

wwnero

Re: Ti Frames?
« Reply #1 on: December 26, 2023, 09:03:32 AM »
http://chinertown.com/index.php/board,23.0.html

Edit: I realize it’s more mtb specific but I think a lot of what is discussed there can be applied to the road discussion as well
« Last Edit: December 26, 2023, 09:07:33 AM by wwnero »

Sakizashi

« Reply #2 on: December 26, 2023, 11:37:52 AM »
Are you talking premade frames or custom designs? There is nearly no information out there on premades like those from Hi-Light.

There is a lot of information in the other forum on the latter and it doesnt really matter MTB or Road for custom designs. There are a ton of factories to work with for those. The two most popular are probably Waltly and XACD / XATW. The first is more consumer friendly with less options, the second is more B2B focused and has more options. Both have OEM customers, XACD / XATW seem to serve a higher price point and IMO their welds are aesthetically nicer and their machining near perfect, but they also cost more.

mirphak

« Reply #3 on: December 26, 2023, 01:05:24 PM »
I have my waltly frame somewhere in Europe already (I think, XDB/DPD tracking is a little confusing). But not within your 1000 USD budget, rather 1500 USD.

repoman

« Reply #4 on: December 27, 2023, 08:20:59 AM »
Are you talking premade frames or custom designs? There is nearly no information out there on premades like those from Hi-Light.

There is a lot of information in the other forum on the latter and it doesnt really matter MTB or Road for custom designs. There are a ton of factories to work with for those. The two most popular are probably Waltly and XACD / XATW. The first is more consumer friendly with less options, the second is more B2B focused and has more options. Both have OEM customers, XACD / XATW seem to serve a higher price point and IMO their welds are aesthetically nicer and their machining near perfect, but they also cost more.

Premade would be easier I think...I'm kinda nervous about custom fit stuff just by sending some numbers overseas.
Looks like there's really two sellers/manufacturers on aliexpress- Titan and Bona Ti.