Chinese Carbon Road Bikes > Road Bike Frames, Wheels & Components

Elitewheels Drive 50D --> Rim Failure

(1/6) > >>

CJ:
Went out for a fast group ride today and got dropped around the 4hr mark despite pushing 400+ watts. I then noticed my back tire was soft and pulled over to discover that the non-drive side of my rim had buckled. I don't remember hitting anything significant.  At 153lbs/70kg I'm well within tolerance.

Pictures below. I'm not seeing a rim-strike and there appears to be a crack that extends to the middle of rim bed.

Only 2 weeks of use. 11 rides, 650mi/1050km.

First time encountering an issue like this. Is this warranty-able?

Any experiences (particularly with Elitewheels) and insight would be helpful. Thanks!

00Garza:
Yikes. Glad you didn’t take a fall. I’m curious how Elitewheels will go about handling this. I’m no carbon expert, but looks like delamination to me. Worth it to start the warranty claim process. Nothing is fast when dealing with Chinese vendors, even the good ones.

Did you get these on Ali or directly from Elitewheels?

CJ:
Thanks, I initiated a claim and I purchased them directly from Elitewheels.  Will provide updates along the process.

patliean1:
Easiest way to get a Chinese brand's attention is to call them out by making a video. But I only advise this if you've made every attempt in good faith to work it out directly with said brand privately.

jonathanf2:
Elite Wheels sent me a free replacement rim when mine was damaged, though I had to re-lace the spokes myself (sent it to my LBS). Just give them a detailed description, pictures and order details. I'd ask for a full wheel replacement in your case though.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version