Other Resources > Maintenance, Mechanics, & Tools

sensah hydraulic brake question

(1/1)

Teigansdad:
hello every one. I'm considering the Sensah 1x11 HRD hydraulic disc shifter/brake levers. This is going on my Frankenbike that is already a 29er that I use for gravel riding and now thinking of putting drop bar.

My question: anyone know what barb/olive sets to use if you shorten the hose? Are they compatible with shimano barb/olive?
also anyone tried mixing these with Magura? I run Shigura on two of my bikes (shimano lever/magura caliper) but these are mountain bikes. My experience has been very positive so thinking of doing the same with this setup

thanks

kbernstein:
Shimano doesn't have a patent on the olive/barbs. Sensah will take BH90 olives like the recent shimano road groupsets. You will have one set included with the groupset

Teigansdad:
perfect!
that was exactly the info I needed.

mirphak:
Let me know how the brakes work. I was forever considering converting my 29er to monstercross using a sensah or ltwoo groupset, but I am unsure if the brifters can pull enough oil to make the 4-piston XT 8120 calipers work properly.

brifter5:

--- Quote from: mirphak on January 13, 2024, 01:43:55 PM ---Let me know how the brakes work. I was forever considering converting my 29er to monstercross using a sensah or ltwoo groupset, but I am unsure if the brifters can pull enough oil to make the 4-piston XT 8120 calipers work properly.

--- End quote ---

Not sure about your exact setup but the brakes feel so good on mine. Having more issues with the shifting then the brakes. Brakes were pretty straight forward except I bought the wrong brake bleed kit so I had to get another one with the two syringe with 4mm adapters, ala Sram style bleed.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

Go to full version