Chinese Carbon Road Bikes > Cyclocross Frames, Wheels & Components

LTWOO eGR

<< < (35/40) > >>

amacal1:
I'm using Xtar 14500 800mAh cells I ordered from Battery Junction (us based, I think - the supplier, not the cells themselves).

I've been super happy with them. I get many thousands of shifts before I feel the need to charge. This month I've used my eGR bike a lot less. It's sat up for almost the entirety of August. In that time it's dropped to approx. 75% charge level. Can't really ask for better than that.

ChrisB:
As shared on the other thread, battery quality is importatnt. Having issues on my eGR with quick discharge.
Will change batteries as recommended by others.

STAY AWAY from these:
Doublepow 14500 AA 3.7V Lithium Battery 800mAh / https://www.aliexpress.com/item/1005006240603318.html

BR Chris

jonathanf2:
Can anyone give feedback switching from a mechanical 1x setup to the electronic eGR? I'm curious if you found the upgrade worth it on a 1x setup?

Phaxe:

--- Quote from: jonathanf2 on August 27, 2024, 05:12:20 PM ---Can anyone give feedback switching from a mechanical 1x setup to the electronic eGR? I'm curious if you found the upgrade worth it on a 1x setup?

--- End quote ---

I went from a 2x mech to 1x eGR. Because I've had no issues with mine, I would say yes, totally worth it. It meant a lot less hassle routing cables through the frame, and the shifting once dialed in is flawless. But it's worth bearing in mind that this groupset I think can still be considered 'in testing'. I'm not sure I would have the confidence to take this bike packing on a multi day adventure and feel secure in the knowledge that there will be no issues.

jonathanf2:

--- Quote from: Phaxe on August 27, 2024, 06:40:35 PM ---I went from a 2x mech to 1x eGR. Because I've had no issues with mine, I would say yes, totally worth it. It meant a lot less hassle routing cables through the frame, and the shifting once dialed in is flawless. But it's worth bearing in mind that this groupset I think can still be considered 'in testing'. I'm not sure I would have the confidence to take this bike packing on a multi day adventure and feel secure in the knowledge that there will be no issues.

--- End quote ---

Both my road bikes are running Ltwoo ER9 and they've been running flawlessly. I've been tempted to go electronic with all my bikes, though I'm hesitant with my gravel setup just incase something happens while I'm on a remote trail in the mountains. The other thing is I'm not entirely convinced I'll stay 1x, I also like 2x gravel as well. I'm currently using  2x Ultegra shifters, so it'd be easy to drop a mechanical FD if I switch back.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version