Chinese Carbon Road Bikes > Cyclocross Frames, Wheels & Components

LTWOO eGR

<< < (38/40) > >>

trcycling:

--- Quote from: denisv on September 01, 2024, 10:52:38 AM ---Is anyone has news about two shifters operation of egr ? Very disappointing of this one hand use only.

--- End quote ---

Agreed. I wrote to LTWOO right after I installed and was told that they were considering adding configuration options in a future update. Unfortunately, no updates yet. I just wrote to them again about the battery status bug with Garmin too and added a PS about this again.

It's a real shame that the system has 4 buttons but you can only use 2. I want to see a configuration option of at least 'SRAM mode' (left side one way, right side the other) but even better would be to allow setting each button as you wish. And bonus points if they'd let buttons invoke ANT+ control of a head unit like Shimano and SRAM do on some models.  If you'd like to add to the pile of requests (please do) write to sales@ltwoo.com

amacal1:
Crash update.

I finally found some time to clean stuff up, take everything apart, and dig into what may have been damaged. I initially didn't think I bent my derailleur hanger, but I was badly mistaken. My derailleur hanger is quite bent. Which, is a good thing, because I should be able to get another one of those pretty easily and cheaply (though they are currently out of stock at Poseidon).

Bad news, though, is that I do believe the first link of the eGR rear derailleur is also bent. And maybe possibly my frame a tiny bit. I'll bring my bike the LBS this week and see what they think about the frame. Here are the pics of the eGR showing the link, below. Also, my bottom most roller was really, really rough. It looks to be a roller bearing roller and had water and crud in it. I couldn't disassembly it, but I was able to squeeze perhaps the tiniest bit of grease in there and it started to free up a little. Anyone find any replacement rollers that are confirmed to fit?

Does anyone have one not currently on a bike and can please take some similar pictures? It would be nice to compare and see if the little 3-5deg angle in that link is meant to be there, or is the result of my crash.

jonathanf2:
Are you talking about the jockey wheels? You should be able to remove them by taking off the screws. After that I'd clean the jockey wheels thoroughly with alcohol. Also I believe LTwoo uses Fovno or similar jockey wheels. You can find them either on AliEx or even Amazon. I consider most of the Fovno equipment to be decent, besides jockey wheels they make chainrings and their own crankset.

amacal1:

--- Quote from: jonathanf2 on September 17, 2024, 11:11:42 AM ---Are you talking about the jockey wheels? You should be able to remove them by taking off the screws. After that I'd clean the jockey wheels thoroughly with alcohol. Also I believe LTwoo uses Fovno or similar jockey wheels. You can find them either on AliEx or even Amazon. I consider most of the Fovno equipment to be decent, besides jockey wheels they make chainrings and their own crankset.

--- End quote ---

Yes, the jockey wheels. I was able to remove the wheel from the frame, but the bearing inside of the wheel was a closed, cartridge bearing. The bearing was rough, not just the wheel in the frame. Despite being a closed cartridge, I held my grease dispenser right up against the seal and managed to squeeze a tiny bit through the gaps. I could even see some watery/yucky discharge ooze out the other side. After that, it rolled much more smoothly. I can't imagine it's going to hold up very well for long, though. This was only for one wheel, the other seemed to be perfectly fine.

trcycling:

--- Quote from: amacal1 on September 17, 2024, 02:23:35 PM ---Yes, the jockey wheels. I was able to remove the wheel from the frame, but the bearing inside of the wheel was a closed, cartridge bearing. The bearing was rough, not just the wheel in the frame. Despite being a closed cartridge, I held my grease dispenser right up against the seal and managed to squeeze a tiny bit through the gaps. I could even see some watery/yucky discharge ooze out the other side. After that, it rolled much more smoothly. I can't imagine it's going to hold up very well for long, though. This was only for one wheel, the other seemed to be perfectly fine.

--- End quote ---

The good news is that jockey wheels are generally pretty interchangeable. You should be able to find a replacement without going back to LTWOO (Half of my bikes have non-OEM jockey wheels anyway because they look cool :-) )

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version