Chinese Carbon Road Bikes > Cyclocross Frames, Wheels & Components

LTWOO eGR

<< < (39/40) > >>

kanuto:
This or wheeltop gx?

amacal1:
The 80s Designer Store seems to say that they will sell me the link that I bent in my crash. They sent me a custom invoice for $20 for the part. I just got my replacement derailleur hanger in yesterday. Tonight I'll fit that onto my frame and make a final determination on whether I need it or not (I suspect I will still need it). I'll let you know how it all works out if I need it and if/when I receive it.

jonathanf2:

--- Quote from: amacal1 on September 24, 2024, 02:04:05 PM ---The 80s Designer Store seems to say that they will sell me the link that I bent in my crash. They sent me a custom invoice for $20 for the part. I just got my replacement derailleur hanger in yesterday. Tonight I'll fit that onto my frame and make a final determination on whether I need it or not (I suspect I will still need it). I'll let you know how it all works out if I need it and if/when I receive it.

--- End quote ---

Hopefully you can get your RD up and running again. The 80 Design Store seems to be offering better customer service on LTwoo parts than LTwoo themselves!  ;D

I've somewhat lost interest going with the eGR. After getting a Garbaruk (knock-off) cage on AliEx for my GRX 812 RD, shifting has been so good with big range cassettes, I don't really see the need going gravel electronic at this point.

Avalius:
For what it's worth I can vote for 80 designer store to. They have helped me in the past to. Worth paying a bit more there than in the choice discounts from ltwoo store on ali.

amacal1:
Well, rather embarrassingly, I think my new derailleur hanger solved like 98% of my problem. The "bend" in the first link on the derailleur hanger seems to be intentional, perhaps to offset one of the angles introduced by the parallelogram. Something is still a tiny bit off, perhaps that link or perhaps my cage is slightly bent. But, it's very close to straight now. So close that I won't need that link replaced.

I messaged the store back and thanked them for their help and explained why I wouldn't need it anymore. I will like to support them in the future, though, for being helpful. I feel like a bit of an ass for misdiagnosing this in the first place.

My eGR is back up and running properly now. Needed a good battery charge after sitting up, unused, for almost 2 months. I'm a little surprised by that, since my battery held its charge pretty well after the first month. I'll have to keep an eye on that moving forward.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version