Chinese Carbon Road Bikes > Cyclocross Frames, Wheels & Components

LTWOO eGR

<< < (16/23) > >>

jonathanf2:

--- Quote from: Serge_K on May 18, 2024, 09:53:28 AM ---Lol those holes are the most retarded pattern imaginable, it's almost funny. imagine the donkey who came up with the design.

--- End quote ---

They work fine! I double checked my gravel bike brake pads which does long descents on dirt trails and there are no deep track lines on the pads. My 2x160mm rotors are 1.6mm thick and feel quite sturdy. For someone to toast their rotors and dig tracks into their brake pads suggest to me they weighed like 130kg and had zero clue how to feather and modulate front/rear braking! There's a reason they have bigger rotors for bigger riders!

Chiyou:

--- Quote from: trcycling on May 17, 2024, 05:10:21 PM ---I found a pair of post-mount RS785 calipers that will mount without an adapter nearby for cheap so that should work.

--- End quote ---

Ha! I went through almost the exact same process as you did (head scratching, careful measuring, thoughts of drilling) a few months ago and ended up with an RS785 caliper as well (for some reason, my bike has one post mount and one flat mount). So far, the caliper is working well (as in, I haven't died yet). For the record, I am using eR9 and used a BH59 barb.

Serge_K:

--- Quote from: jonathanf2 on May 19, 2024, 10:34:18 AM ---They work fine! I double checked my gravel bike brake pads which does long descents on dirt trails and there are no deep track lines on the pads. My 2x160mm rotors are 1.6mm thick and feel quite sturdy. For someone to toast their rotors and dig tracks into their brake pads suggest to me they weighed like 130kg and had zero clue how to feather and modulate front/rear braking! There's a reason they have bigger rotors for bigger riders!

--- End quote ---

A bad design is a bad design though. Glad it's working for you, but as a fat ass myself, i dont want half of my rotor surface to be air.

rockerplates.de:
well, i think LTWOO tries not to hurt any shimano patents with this? i think paying for flatmount license would have been a good thing, i suppose shimano was not up to this..
We wil see, if ltwoo withstands a closer look of patent lawers

amacal1:
Used my eGR for the Cheaha Challenge in Alabama this weekend. 100mi with lots of shifting because it was 9300ft of climbing. Shifted 2,323 times and spent an embarrassing number of hours on the bike (first time doing a century AND first time doing anything even remotely close to that much climbing), but the battery dropped 27% (from 100% to 73%). I'm officially no longer worried about battery life of this setup. Now to throw some real gravel riding at it, since this was all road riding...

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version