Chinese Carbon Road Bikes > Cyclocross Frames, Wheels & Components

LTWOO eGR

<< < (17/24) > >>

sOKRATEs100:

--- Quote from: trcycling on May 16, 2024, 11:57:04 AM ---Interesting (and unfortunate) news on the water resistance. Do we have any idea where the ingress is? I was planning on using dielectric grease in the ports to help ensure that isn't the ingress. But I wouldn't want to have to rip apart a new one to coat it with that or conformal coating.

--- End quote ---
Anyone has an idea about how to solve the potential water ingrease ourselfes?

Disassembeling the RD seems to be not that difficult:
- see from minute 8.

Serge_K:

--- Quote from: sOKRATEs100 on May 21, 2024, 11:31:27 AM ---Anyone has an idea about how to solve the potential water ingrease ourselfes?

--- End quote ---

people have had success using liquid electrical tape around the RD cable plug. i bought a bottle myself but i don't have a thingy precise enough to squeeze out the stuff with any precision, so i'm not sure how to seal it efficiently. the stuff is sticky and dries super fast so it's not forgiving at all.

jonathanf2:

--- Quote from: Serge_K on May 21, 2024, 11:36:05 AM ---people have had success using liquid electrical tape around the RD cable plug. i bought a bottle myself but i don't have a thingy precise enough to squeeze out the stuff with any precision, so i'm not sure how to seal it efficiently. the stuff is sticky and dries super fast so it's not forgiving at all.

--- End quote ---

I used liberal amounts of rubber cement on the battery cables. It's a non-permanent adhesive seal that's easy to rub off. I then put dielectric grease on as a second protective layer. I haven't rode the bike in the rain, but it's been adequate against random water puddles and other wet areas. The only issue is that the dielectric grease attracts a bunch dust/debris. I'm thinking, maybe using rubber cement and then applying heat shrink plastic might be a cleaner solution.

sOKRATEs100:
Did you apply it from the outside or inside? In the video from Luke you can see it also from the inside and he was saying that the cable plug got "inpoxied" in. So you aim to have a additional layer of holding water outside that might get inside the housing via the cable plug?

jonathanf2:
I only applied the rubber cement on the outside, but it dries and solidifies around the plug. After that I apply the dielectric grease as a secondary layer. I didn't like the idea of just using dielectric grease by itself since it's easy to take off. I figure the rubber cement should ward off most moisture, while the dielectric grease would be like frosting on a cake.

I got the idea because I had a leaky water sprinkler at my house and I sealed it with rubber cement. It actually did a very good job fixing the problem.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version