Chinese Carbon Road Bikes > Cyclocross Frames, Wheels & Components

Tideace NEW Gravel Frame: GR201

(1/3) > >>

FabioZang:
There is currently no detailed information available about this frame, except for an official promotional video.
Based on the content of the video, I can provide a brief description of the frame's features:
- It features a downtube storage design with a magnetic and buckle cover plate.
- It has a T47 bottom bracket, and support for UDH.
- The frame is designed to accommodate tires of 50c+ width both in the front and rear, with the fork and rear dropout widths measuring at least 60mm+.
- It has a flat mount disc brake mount compatible with 140/160mm rotors.
- The frame weight for size M (52) is 1200g (including the storage compartment cover plate and all accessories), while the fork weight is 460g (uncut).

Images and geometry tables are provided below.

In my personal opinion, the overall design of this bike is quite good, but the geometry seems to be a major drawback. It appears that the designer simply extended the overall reach without making further adjustments to match the rider's riding position. Additionally, I believe that using 140/160mm flat mount disc brakes with such a large tire clearance design may be somewhat outdated.

Apart from these points, I think it is a decent frame. What do you all think?

mirphak:
400mm reach with 570mm top tube in size 54, plus outdated seat tube inclination, 435mm long chai stay.

I am sorry but the design is a little Crazy. If they have put 75 deg in the back maybe they would bring the saddle closer, reduce top tube to something reasonable and paired with a short stem it could work. But this .... I don't see it

s3si1u:

--- Quote from: mirphak on February 01, 2024, 02:13:40 AM ---400mm reach with 570mm top tube in size 54, plus outdated seat tube inclination, 435mm long chai stay.

I am sorry but the design is a little Crazy. If they have put 75 deg in the back maybe they would bring the saddle closer, reduce top tube to something reasonable and paired with a short stem it could work. But this .... I don't see it

--- End quote ---
Shorter chainstays and a slightly steeper seat tube would get me interested. This would probably reduce the top tube length by a bit as well.

RDY:
Yet another one where the geo doesn't match the tire clearance except in the small sizes.  HTA / STA and FC / WB are garbage in the larger sizes.

pearl:
Not that I'm in the market for a gravel frame as I just built one up, are you saying its too race oriented geometry wise? I've been on the hunt for a gravel race bike that clears 50s.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version