Chinese Carbon Road Bikes > Road Bike Frames, Wheels & Components

My TanTan TT912 build

<< < (6/6)

mattgolt:
Hey ejump0,

Hope you're fine and still rocking that blue rocket! Thanks for all the detailed pictures in this thread, I'm considering building a Chinese tt as well and I'm looking into this frame aswell as the velobuild tt023. Could you maybe share some pictures of the storage compartment by the seatube? How large is it?

Honestly speaking, I prefer the look of the velobuild frame, but it does not come with any storage whatsoever. What other frames did you consider before going for the tt912?

Cheers!

ejump0:
currently is still having issues with headset. i believe the 2pieces micro spacers were not enough. after few rides the headset rocking again. temp solution is using my 5mm spacer till my ordered 1mm n 2mm arrives. 

also turned out my Racework saddle(aeolus copy) gave best comfort. but having issue the clamp always getting loose(happens with other saddles too). am waiting for loctite blue to arrive

--- Quote from: mattgolt on April 21, 2024, 12:46:08 PM ---Hey ejump0,

Hope you're fine and still rocking that blue rocket! Thanks for all the detailed pictures in this thread, I'm considering building a Chinese tt as well and I'm looking into this frame aswell as the velobuild tt023. Could you maybe share some pictures of the storage compartment by the seatube? How large is it?

Honestly speaking, I prefer the look of the velobuild frame, but it does not come with any storage whatsoever. What other frames did you consider before going for the tt912?

Cheers!

--- End quote ---
Hi matt
the storage at the seatpost is kinda narrow. attached are references using kmc chain box. its that narrow. you can fit tpu tube n hex-keys, but not quite some-bulky multitool or e-pump. not sure co2 cartrige fits as i dont use em. if you have short-skinny handpump, maybe might fit at where they design di2 batt would go(top tube, under bento box

back then i considered these frames:
- hongfu/dengfu
- avenger tm6
- velobuild
- winow/bxt tri frame
- tt912/915

i ended with 912 as it looked the most modern,with fat forks. and this frame design also used by Yeoleo T9/T9s, so kinda larger userbase.
tantan just released tt913, check that out.

ejump0:
my thin spacers arrived on Friday.
the original 2x 0.3mm wasnt enough, so i tried 1mm. it seemed to do the trick. i also solved my bta cage rubbing the arm cup by using 7mm washers to raise the bottle cage. Also changed the saddle again, this time using shortnose Racework(bontrager aeolus). Nose shorter n lil wider than the Giant Approach.

today for the 1st time this year i went to the coastal road(theres 8km stretch) to test the speed.
the bike is so stiff, but crazy fast. i could ave 39kmh solo 16km loop without hitting max hr. my cycling fitness is subpar coming after fasting month, but i beat my TCR pb by a whole minute.

with this my bike is funtionally complete n ready for race. yey

just to share, i managed to get my SS RD to work with 11-34 casette by having that chain long. its for just in case i need climbing gear on some race course. for now im mostly on 15-17cog on 11-28

ejump0:
after gettin frustrated by occasional road debris stapler n nail punctures esp on my rear gp5k 28mm, decided to slap on punture resistant clincher GP4season 32mm.
it seemed to fit, altho kinda sketchy on the non-drive side chainstay with 2mm clearance, while drive side have like 3mm clearance (may improve as tire thread wears out i guess). wheel arch has plenty clearance.
*Rim has 22.5mm internal width
tubeless tire just still silly expensive.
pumped the rear to 60psi, super comfort

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[*] Previous page

Go to full version