Chinese Carbon Road Bikes > Road Bike Frames, Wheels & Components

Spcycle R065 700C Full Carbon AERO Road Disc Brake Frameset

<< < (8/9) > >>

Serge_K:

--- Quote from: some guy on August 22, 2024, 01:29:30 AM ---Could someone tell me how the di2 battery is supposted to be mounted in this frame? Do i understand correctly that spcycle says its to go into the downtube, but there is no hole/hatchet on the bottom of the bb/dt area to access the downtube? And the seatpost is too slim to fit the battery?

--- End quote ---
Ghetto drop in the seat tube, that's what i did. i actually 3d printed a hook that i epoxied (?) on the battery so i can fish it out with a metal coat hanger, but on other frames where the battery actually fits in the seat tube, the packing tape i used gets loose and the battery ends up sliding in the seat tube as well, without a hook, so you then have to go fishing for it.
Either way, works fine. Haven't had rattling problems. I'm sure some are doing more elegant things, but i'm not elegant, and if it works, i'm happy.

--- Quote from: TRS on August 20, 2024, 04:58:41 AM ---Just received mine. Size L, unpainted, asked seller to leave carbon weave visible
Frame 1097g, with bolts and hangers 1149
Fork 408, seatpost with clamp 231

--- End quote ---

That head tube area looks horrible, while the walls look pristine, it's weird. It looks so bad it makes you wonder if it could afftect headset stiffness, because i'm pretty sure given how clean the walls are, you're not supposed to have that kind of material bulging there. You'll probably want to file it down a bit to remove sharp edges, otherwise your hoses will have a very rough time, and so will you feeding them through.

some guy:

--- Quote from: Serge_K on August 22, 2024, 02:47:03 AM ---Ghetto drop in the seat tube, that's what i did. i actually 3d printed a hook that i epoxied (?) on the battery so i can fish it out with a metal coat hanger, but on other frames where the battery actually fits in the seat tube, the packing tape i used gets loose and the battery ends up sliding in the seat tube as well, without a hook, so you then have to go fishing for it.
Either way, works fine. Haven't had rattling problems. I'm sure some are doing more elegant things, but i'm not elegant, and if it works, i'm happy.

--- End quote ---

Do you own this frame?
 I'm asking because of the stuff mentioned earlier in this thread.

bremerradkurier:

--- Quote from: Serge_K on August 22, 2024, 02:47:03 AM ---Ghetto drop in the seat tube, that's what i did. i actually 3d printed a hook that i epoxied (?) on the battery so i can fish it out with a metal coat hanger, but on other frames where the battery actually fits in the seat tube, the packing tape i used gets loose and the battery ends up sliding in the seat tube as well, without a hook, so you then have to go fishing for it.

That head tube area looks horrible, while the walls look pristine, it's weird. It looks so bad it makes you wonder if it could afftect headset stiffness, because i'm pretty sure given how clean the walls are, you're not supposed to have that kind of material bulging there. You'll probably want to file it down a bit to remove sharp edges, otherwise your hoses will have a very rough time, and so will you feeding them through.

--- End quote ---

Section of cable tie forming a loop attached to the battery with 1-2 other cable ties would do it as well.

TRS:
on my frame just 2 holes  in down tube

Serge_K:

--- Quote from: some guy on August 22, 2024, 05:49:52 AM ---Do you own this frame?
 I'm asking because of the stuff mentioned earlier in this thread.

--- End quote ---

no, i built electronic er9 on winow, long teng and speed carbon (peter) frames and that's what i did with these.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version