Chinese Carbon Road Bikes > Road Bike Frames, Wheels & Components

Winowsports TT-119 - New Disc Time Trial Frameset

<< < (5/7) > >>

merlin:
I received the frame. The steerer tube is cut way too short. The top pinch bolts on the supplied stem are above the tube. I’ve requested a new fork that isn’t cut so short. Stem is bad anyway but at least it shouldn’t be unsafe to use it. 19mm of exposed steer tube and the stem has a 29mm clamping area.

merlin:

--- Quote from: poeperman on July 15, 2024, 02:25:29 PM ---how does it ride?

I'm 185cm, so about 6ft1...

Winow advises a 58, but i'm afraid it will be too big

--- End quote ---

I’ve only ridden it once outside with a steer tube extension plug while I wait for new fork. Been just using it on the trainer due to safety.

It felt great with 32mm tubeless tires at around 60psi. Aero position felt solid. I’m running 2x SRAM AXS with mech hydraulic breaks. They don’t feel as good as true hydraulics but no issues stopping down a fast descent.

I took BadIdeasMakeGoodStories advice and swapped the riser bolts. Does feel more secure than when I tried it with the supplied ones on the trainer.

I got a 54.  Im 182.5 cm tall with an 82cm inseam. With short legs long torso I wanted a smaller frame.  I’m running a 110mm stem currently. I could have made a 56 work but the geo compared to other companies and my road bike I’ve been using with clip on aero bars made 54 seem the better fit.

Kitty_BIKE:
Dear Chinertown friends. Here is the link about TT119, you can check it.
https://www.aliexpress.com/item/1005007166498310.html?spm

BadIdeasMakeGoodStories:

--- Quote from: merlin on July 31, 2024, 07:36:19 AM ---I’ve only ridden it once outside with a steer tube extension plug while I wait for new fork. Been just using it on the trainer due to safety.

It felt great with 32mm tubeless tires at around 60psi. Aero position felt solid. I’m running 2x SRAM AXS with mech hydraulic breaks. They don’t feel as good as true hydraulics but no issues stopping down a fast descent.

I took BadIdeasMakeGoodStories advice and swapped the riser bolts. Does feel more secure than when I tried it with the supplied ones on the trainer.

I got a 54.  Im 182.5 cm tall with an 82cm inseam. With short legs long torso I wanted a smaller frame.  I’m running a 110mm stem currently. I could have made a 56 work but the geo compared to other companies and my road bike I’ve been using with clip on aero bars made 54 seem the better fit.

--- End quote ---

Any issues with your stem slipping / rotating around the steerer? I've been putting off swapping it out for a PD Tri stem because I don't want to deal with recabling / bleeding the front end, but might see if Winow will replace mine if it's possible it's a one-off issue.

merlin:

--- Quote from: BadIdeasMakeGoodStories on August 25, 2024, 07:24:52 PM ---Any issues with your stem slipping / rotating around the steerer? I've been putting off swapping it out for a PD Tri stem because I don't want to deal with recabling / bleeding the front end, but might see if Winow will replace mine if it's possible it's a one-off issue.

--- End quote ---

I ended up paying a "discount" for a new fork, painted, and shipped. Bit annoying but still cheaper than a new frame and trying to return this.

I have it setup with a $20 120mm road stem I got off Amazon. Torqued to 5mm. Absolutely no slipping since both bolts are on the steer tube. I've ridden outside for a few 1hr training rides and the bike has been excellent.

Does mean I have the cables running outside the stem, which is fine for now.  Using mech cables means I need to avoid as many hard bends as I can.

I may move the saddle back 10mm and move to a 110mm stem to get the weight a little further back on the bike. The PD tri stem looks like a possible good upgrade if I can get a 105mm stem to work for me with the current extensions. I will probably need to replace the cups with ones that can adjust longer.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version