Chinese Carbon Road Bikes > Road Bike Frames, Wheels & Components

Winowsports TT-119 - New Disc Time Trial Frameset

<< < (6/7) > >>

rockerplates.de:

--- Quote from: merlin on August 29, 2024, 02:49:37 PM ---I ended up paying a "discount" for a new fork, painted, and shipped. Bit annoying but still cheaper than a new frame and trying to return this.

I have it setup with a $20 120mm road stem I got off Amazon. Torqued to 5mm. Absolutely no slipping since both bolts are on the steer tube. I've ridden outside for a few 1hr training rides and the bike has been excellent.

Does mean I have the cables running outside the stem, which is fine for now.  Using mech cables means I need to avoid as many hard bends as I can.

I may move the saddle back 10mm and move to a 110mm stem to get the weight a little further back on the bike. The PD tri stem looks like a possible good upgrade if I can get a 105mm stem to work for me with the current extensions. I will probably need to replace the cups with ones that can adjust longer.

--- End quote ---
ok, so winow made a mistake and you had to pay for it? this sounds strange...we are still looking for a solid source for our upcoming tt frame (we want to equip it with a full load of btas, rear bottleholders etc...and want to make it for a fair price...

merlin:

--- Quote from: rockerplates.de on September 03, 2024, 11:13:33 AM ---ok, so winow made a mistake and you had to pay for it? this sounds strange...we are still looking for a solid source for our upcoming tt frame (we want to equip it with a full load of btas, rear bottleholders etc...and want to make it for a fair price...

--- End quote ---

In my Aliexpress discussion with the representative, from what I gathered is that they don't believe there is anything wrong with the steer tube only being clamped by the bottom bolt of the supplied stem.

rockerplates.de:
ok....
maybe the saleslady which is active here can jump into the discussion...
i think it is a major nono to treat selfcaused problems like this..

Serge_K:

--- Quote from: merlin on September 03, 2024, 05:55:45 PM ---In my Aliexpress discussion with the representative, from what I gathered is that they don't believe there is anything wrong with the steer tube only being clamped by the bottom bolt of the supplied stem.

--- End quote ---

Are you saying the steerer is so short that half the stem isn't clamping on the steerer, and they're telling you that's fine?
That'd be ridiculous.

merlin:
You can see here. Only 19mm of exposed steerer tube on the original. The clamping area of the supplied stem is 29mm. They said it was normal for the tube to be slightly below the top of the stem.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version