Other Resources > Maintenance, Mechanics, & Tools

Sensah Team Pro left shifter unable to index 105 FD properly

(1/2) > >>

coffeebreak:
Some background - I replaced Ultegra 6800 shifters coupled to 105 R7000 FD and RD on my indoor trainer bike with Sensah 2x11 Team Pro shifters. While I have plenty of experience indexing 2x Shimano FDs, with this Sensah, I am at a loss. The trim function just doesn't seem to work when the chain is on big chainring. Even the slightest flick sends the chain to small ring. There is no trim click as such. The same FD was fine with Ultegra shifters so I am ruling out FD as a problem.

Played around with limit screws, cable tension and usual FD tricks but this shifter just won't budge. I noticed that on a 2x Shimano FD-shifter combo, usually there are 4 clicks - 2 main and 2 trim. On Sensah I can count only 3 - 1 for the big ring and 2 for the small ring.

Anyone with same problem or have any unusual hacks for this because I seem to have run out of YouTube tutorials.

bichler.bua:
Have you been running Sensah before? Front shifting works different than Shimano, three consecutive clicks are needed for shifting to the small ring, one large swing for shifting up.
At least for the models I am running (with Sensah front derailleur).

coffeebreak:
No, first time. 3 clicks to downshift? Mine is 1 click. Upshift is 1 click too or 2 clicks if I utilized the trim click.

jonathanf2:
You need to firmly pull the shift cables through the housing or you'll get wonky shifts. The left shift trim is the same as Shimano, but since the brake lever handles all shifting it's 3 up, 3 down.

Sensah shifters are finicky when it comes to slack in the cable housing, so I always make sure to firmly pull the shift cables through the housing before cutting the cables to length.

coffeebreak:

--- Quote from: jonathanf2 on March 12, 2024, 03:28:29 PM ---You need to firmly pull the shift cables through the housing or you'll get wonky shifts. The left shift trim is the same as Shimano, but since the brake lever handles all shifting it's 3 up, 3 down.

Sensah shifters are finicky when it comes to slack in the cable housing, so I always make sure to firmly pull the shift cables through the housing before cutting the cables to length.

--- End quote ---

Yesterday I re-did the whole FD cabling and indexing. No dice. I am starting to wonder if that shifter is faulty. Gave the cable a nice tug and made sure there is no slag.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version