Chinese Carbon Road Bikes > Road Bike Frames, Wheels & Components

Wheels upgrade

<< < (3/4) > >>

Serge_K:

--- Quote from: kbernstein on March 14, 2024, 04:56:11 AM ---You save on shipping by having 2 wheelsets in the same order? IIRC yuanan told me they would ship in 2 boxes for 2 pairs so I'd pay double in shipping

What frame and crankset is this?

--- End quote ---

Farsports has boxes for 4 wheels in one. Not all sellers do that. Insist, because the price difference is material.
Frame is VB GF002. The only thing i dont like about it is that it's not a road bike, and so the geometry isn't a road bike. Then again, it's a gravel bike... So i since bought yet another road bike :)
Crankset is some random aluminium thing from alibaba. It works. It's not light but then shimano isn't light either, so at least mine is cheap.

dsveddy:
I’ve been riding ICAN Aero 35 for a while now (off of PeakTorque’s recommendation) and they have performed phenomenally. I would recommend the ICAN WD 38 over the 40 since they have a more modern rim profile. I hadn’t known of the elitewheels edge series—such light weight at this price point for a 28mm wide rim is a phenomenal deal.

BeR:

--- Quote from: dsveddy on March 14, 2024, 10:35:44 AM ---I’ve been riding ICAN Aero 35 for a while now (off of PeakTorque’s recommendation) and they have performed phenomenally. I would recommend the ICAN WD 38 over the 40 since they have a more modern rim profile. I hadn’t known of the elitewheels edge series—such light weight at this price point for a 28mm wide rim is a phenomenal deal.

--- End quote ---

ICAN WD 38 is almost the same weight as Elite Edge. But :
Ican : Hub D01 (4 pawls) -  Sapim CX-Ray spokes
Elite : 36 T Ratchet - Pillar wing 20 spokes

Which is better ? (Performance, durability. ...)

zerstorer:
Consider the Ican G25:

33.3mm external 25mm internal 50mm depth
https://icancycling.com/products/700c-gravel-wheels-g25

You can find it on sale on Amazon for a lower price.

PLA:

--- Quote from: zerstorer on March 14, 2024, 12:57:27 AM ---What's the widest rim they have? I don't see any wide ones on their webpage

--- End quote ---

Their 45/50 wave rim with 26 internal is 34 external. That should be their widest. If you don't want wave, then 32 external is their widest external.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version