Chinese Carbon Road Bikes > Road Bike Frames, Wheels & Components

Best TPU tube brand

<< < (3/12) > >>

johnnyboy4711:

--- Quote from: BeR on March 25, 2024, 03:49:09 AM ---Indeed, I forgot Think Rider. Ridenow seems to have a 26g with aluminium valve.

What is the max pressure inflate for those TPU ?

--- End quote ---

ridenow - never failed me boutght 8 Tpus road and gravel
buy thinkrider buy twice they are absolute junk

Stephiso:
Just bought 3 Ride Now TPU tubes from Ali
2 for the bike with 1 spare.

1 had a leaky valve out of the box. Luckily Aliexpress was able to refund me quickly and i'll just have to order one or 2 more.

johnnyboy4711:
Ride now- great on roadbikes
not so great on Gravel- very prone to pinch flats(snake bites).
running them at35-40psi on maxxis ramblers 40mm i am 90kg .
3 of 4 tubes failed on each ride.

update
reached out to Info@ridenow and explained my reservations about buying ridenow again and Eric responded and some over and back i asked could he send a repair kit(tpu cement etc- the good one) as a gesture.
he sent two and 6 gravel tubes.
cant fault that kind of service

jonathanf2:
I prefer Offbondage since they come with alloy stems and valve covers. Plastic stems can crack and leak. Though ThinkRider tpu tubes can be bought for cheap. I usually buy mine through AliEx Pick 3 & Save.

Since my local urban roads suck, I tend to run lower PSI pressures, about 5-10 psi lower than optimal. I've been able to minimize punctures this way with tpu tubes. If I were racing on smooth tarmac, I'd run higher pressures. If I were running wider tires like 30-32c, I'd probably go tubeless. Though I like to climb and prefer the nimbleness + lower weight of 25c road slicks. Also on 21mm internal width rims, my 25c tires widen out close to 28c so I get the advantages of both a narrow tire (less weight) and wide tire (more contact patch).

jfcb:
For me RideNow has been very reliable.
With the thinkrider tubes, I had some quality issues with.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version