Chinese Carbon Road Bikes > Road Bike Frames, Wheels & Components

Best TPU tube brand

<< < (5/12) > >>

coffeebreak:
No one mentioned another brand called Spingo. Those are thicker than any other TPU tubed and much more puncture resistant. As a result they are also heavier around 45 grams for 80mm valve. The RideNow are 36g.
This is the only TPU brand that I had no flats, yet. Every other brand including RideNow, Cyclami, OffBondage, ThinkRider I had flats or slow leaks or got destroyed during installation because they were too thin. The Cyclami and ThinkRider had poor quality valve base and leaked air from where the valve was attached. It also be noted once they have a puncture its better you throw them out as the repair kit patches don't hold well onto the material and eventually start leaking air.
Also if you are on gravel these will go flat. Good for road use only. For gravel I am tubeless for life.

jonathanf2:

--- Quote from: patliean1 on July 30, 2024, 09:51:06 AM ---I can attest to the minor lack of nimbleness when running 30/32c for road. I'm currently testing a set of wheels that stretch 30c GP5000s to 33mm at the rim. The amount of road comfort is absolutely optimal. Basically game changing. But even if it 33mm isn't actually any slower, my heart too still prefers the nimbleness of 28c on a 21mm internal rim.

I'm a full Ride Now TPU convert. My primary bike has wheels with 28mm ext 21mm int. With 28c GP5000s I'm running around 76psi front and 78psi rear. Pinch flats and punctures are basically non existent. I probably get a true puncture maybe once a year at most. But for gravel...yeah tubeless for sure.

--- End quote ---

I might explore wider road tires again if I ever get 23-25mm internal width carbon road wheels. My gravel wheels are 25mm internal width w/38c tires and the power transfer and road feel are excellent. I've been tempted to try some road slicks on them to see how they handle.

James dean:

--- Quote from: Macedingle on July 31, 2024, 12:34:45 PM ---With Ride now I got 2 flats a month apart, one pinch and one puncture. I was completely shocked since that is more flats than I get from butyl tubes, have not had a flat in 4 months since the last one.

--- End quote ---

1 flat for me in 2 years. my tyre had a gash in it no tube would of lasted the gash. Sorry about ur bad experience.

baua:
Using ride now tubes now for one and a half years on two bikes and no trouble. Just a snakebite as I hit a deep pothole in a groupride.
So I would recommend it.

The last batch I ordered was equipped with transparent valves. Does anyone know why they switched to transparent and if the black valves are available yet?

Sebastian:
Using Ridenow ever since they first came out. The first few batches were very inconsistent. The latest ones with the transparent valves are the most reliable for me. I’m talking about the 36g version. I found these to be pretty much as reliable as butyl tubes.

I can also recommend the repair patches from Cyclami. Those work very well. I’m currently riding with one patch on the front tube and two patches on the rear. And they keep holding air. I’d even be confident enough to patch a TPU tube on the side of the road if necessary. Though it can be quite hard to actually find the puncture.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version