Author Topic: Rim brake road bike frame with at least 28mm tire clearance  (Read 1232 times)

rasch

Re: Rim brake road bike frame with at least 28mm tire clearance
« Reply #15 on: March 30, 2024, 04:14:18 PM »
haha, no, I am German, living in Berlin. Belgischer Kreisel is the German term for riding in two rows in crosswind with rotating riders in front as in a time trial.
https://de.wikipedia.org/wiki/Belgischer_Kreisel

but I'll definitely have a look into your frameset suggestions.

Hhe then I guess I'll have to risk alone ehhe. I think I'll pull the trigger either on the velobuild or the ltk... Its hard to justify a Chinese frame around/above 1k when you can get western full bikes for 2k or less
« Last Edit: March 30, 2024, 04:16:58 PM by rasch »

paldo

« Reply #16 on: April 01, 2024, 11:46:14 AM »
SPCycle road frame can fit up to 32s tire..

« Reply #17 on: April 02, 2024, 02:31:47 AM »
Its hard to justify a Chinese frame around/above 1k when you can get western full bikes for 2k or less
But wouldn't that make this forum pointless? Or are you referring to a specific Chinese manufacturer you regard as too expensive?

rasch

« Reply #18 on: April 02, 2024, 06:54:44 AM »
But wouldn't that make this forum pointless? Or are you referring to a specific Chinese manufacturer you regard as too expensive?

Well the more I see, the more I get to such conclusion eheh.
For example Carbonda fm1136 painted and delivered to the EU is above 1000euros. Geometry wise this would be the best suit for me. Then we have the 1056 gets quite close to that mark 650+195+25+10+1x0USD.

As far as I see here in the forum these would be a good option while velobuild seems OK only if the order goes wel firstl. If not, apparently it's better to just forget.

Yet, one always has to take these reviews with a pinch of sal. Both for good and for bad.

Honestly at this stage think I'll risk. Longteng is taking forever to answer emails so I'm left with VB but still trying to reach a couple of other shops such as workswell

Takiyaki

« Reply #19 on: April 02, 2024, 09:23:02 AM »
Its hard to justify a Chinese frame around/above 1k when you can get western full bikes for 2k or less
A Chinese build around a $1000 Carbonda/Elves frame is gonna be way nicer than a $2K 20lb big brand bike, especially if you are particular at all about weight, specs etc. I was looking at Endurace 7s when they were on sale, but when I factored in that I would want new bars and wheels it wasn't worth it. A custom build would still be cheaper, lighter and much less of a hassle.

For me things get problematic when Chinese frames get far above the ~1000 mark (I.e. Yoeleo, Winspace etc). From there you're not far in price from a lower end Western frame set (though Patlien's experience with Giant doesn't speak well of that either).