Author Topic: Velobuild VB-R-218  (Read 78634 times)

JonMS

Re: Velobuild VB-R-218
« Reply #795 on: May 13, 2024, 03:12:49 PM »

Still on my list to do:
- get a between the arms bottle
- print a rear box, similar to what the guys at 4-frames do. First protoype is done already (see 5th picture)
- ride more
- get a TT frame (project for next winter  ;) )
Hi JonMS, these might actually fit - but I suppose you'll also need some kind of rubber adapters.
Good stuff! I'd be interested in the model of that back box when you're happy with it  :).

Sebastian

« Reply #796 on: May 13, 2024, 11:45:10 PM »
A total noob question: What kind of software are you using to design stuff like this? Some sort of CAD-software? Is it free/open source? I’d be interested to design a storage box to mount inbetween the water bottles in the frame triangle on my TT-X38.

Serge_K

« Reply #797 on: May 14, 2024, 01:51:10 AM »
That's awesome! i did design and print a rear bento box for my propel a couple of years ago. it worked great until it disintegrated in a flat second. My advice: carbon fiber cloth or (cheaper) fiberglass cloth to reinforce everything (or pre preg to make your life easier, presumably). My box failed in the middle at some random layer line, which retrospectively, makes sense. It was more of an experiment than anything, i was phasing out the use of that bike already, so i didn't print a new one and didn't get around ordering cloth.

i like the ghetto TT front end rig a lot, well done!