Author Topic: LEXON Road Carbon Crankset  (Read 2787 times)

Re: LEXON Road Carbon Crankset
« Reply #15 on: April 01, 2024, 12:26:55 AM »
If you ordered the crankset separately from the powermeter, there may be an issue with the crank lockring as pictured

https://photos.app.goo.gl/eqBrVKkTPzwNcs8W9

The lockring can be hand tightened in but the grooves have no space for tools to fit in and tighten it. However, this may not be the case if the seller is offering a mounted crank unit to the powermeter as mine came separately.

The solution is to use an internal groove lockring like the Race Face CINCH for Easton lockring. Small hiccup but not catastrophic so the project will be delayed while I use the standard alloy spider  that came with the crank.
https://photos.app.goo.gl/fapimqD1dQT5a7m26

« Reply #16 on: April 03, 2024, 12:50:06 AM »
It is installed but without powermeter until I get a replacement lockring. The bike went from 7.4kg to 7.1kg in a single swap of the cranks.

Right view.
https://photos.app.goo.gl/RPUtUzUYMAh7Xq3Z9

Left view.
https://photos.app.goo.gl/wo9Rbq3eukQB7WX87

zerstorer

« Reply #17 on: April 03, 2024, 03:58:15 AM »
One of the AliExpress sellers replied that the tool needed is the Shimano TL-FC33 adapter.

« Reply #18 on: April 03, 2024, 08:46:03 PM »
We tried that but the flange on the tool is too thick. I have ordered a RACE FACE -CINCH lockring with internal splines instead to test. So stay tuned.

zerstorer

« Reply #19 on: April 03, 2024, 09:15:19 PM »
We tried that but the flange on the tool is too thick. I have ordered a RACE FACE -CINCH lockring with internal splines instead to test. So stay tuned.

That sucks.. because that's the tool the seller recommended when I asked if tools would be provided

Let us know which one works.

« Reply #20 on: April 03, 2024, 09:47:26 PM »
Got it. Will keep posted. I also ordered a RISK brand version to test.

c.etzo

« Reply #21 on: April 09, 2024, 04:58:55 AM »
mine is arrived, and have the lockring with internali splines

c.etzo

« Reply #22 on: April 10, 2024, 01:30:03 AM »
here the weight, the chainring si a passquest oval 42t

« Reply #23 on: April 15, 2024, 09:05:21 PM »

My seller is going to send me the correct lockring with internal splines shortly. Hope that can come and sort out the powermeter installation soon.

zerstorer

« Reply #24 on: April 27, 2024, 08:00:39 PM »
The tool for the lockring looks like a 20tooth BB tool correct?

« Reply #25 on: April 27, 2024, 08:04:28 PM »
The tool for the lockring looks like a 20tooth BB tool correct?
You are correct.

zerstorer

« Reply #26 on: April 29, 2024, 05:37:49 AM »

What is the tool you used to install the lockring? I tried a old 20tooth square taper bbtool but it doesn't fit exactly.

Can you point me to the right tool?

zerstorer

« Reply #27 on: April 29, 2024, 05:46:51 AM »
I am getting fed up with the Lexon store that sold me the crank and powermeter combo. It seems that they do not know which is the tool that can install the spider. They pointed me to Shimano TL-FC33 which does not fit at all and now they are not replying.

TidyDinosaur

« Reply #28 on: April 29, 2024, 06:29:15 AM »
I am getting fed up with the Lexon store that sold me the crank and powermeter combo. It seems that they do not know which is the tool that can install the spider. They pointed me to Shimano TL-FC33 which does not fit at all and now they are not replying.

Lexon is one of the less trustworthy brands according to reviews. This just adds to that image... 

c.etzo

« Reply #29 on: April 29, 2024, 08:14:30 AM »
What is the tool you used to install the lockring? I tried a old 20tooth square taper bbtool but it doesn't fit exactly.

Can you point me to the right tool?

this tool for shimano bb 20 splines