Other Resources > Component Deals & Selection

Super light Chainring 52, 36 for Dura Ace r9270

(1/2) > >>

jakob:
Hello, im searching for a lighter alternative to the Dura Ace chainringa in 52, 36 that would be awesome didnt find Something really lighter so far.

St0mpB0x:
I don't think anything lighter really exists.

Cybrei do an alluminium set that is about 25g heavier. They also do a carbon/alluminium set that is about the same weight but probably shifts worse.

Carbon-Ti also do a set which is about the same weight give or take a few grams that'll set you back about 430 EURO.

The construction method of the Dura-Ace chainrings is incredibly light and stiff. It's pretty hard to beat by machining a chainring out of a lump of alluminium like most aftermarket manufacturers.

St0mpB0x:
If you want to reduce the weight of that part of your bike you are going to need to change the crank arms and not the chainrings.

pushpush:
I've tried multiple lightweight alternatives including the Rotor rings. I wasnt happy with the performance of any and ultimately went back to Shimano chainrings. The weight savings weren't worth the downsides.

toxin:
There absolutely are lighter alternatives even on aliexpress, just search "light chainring, but it may come at a significant cost to shifting performance

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version