Other Resources > Component Deals & Selection

Bottom Bracket/Magene P505 Compatibility

<< < (2/3) > >>

jonathanf2:

--- Quote from: TidyDinosaur on April 13, 2024, 04:25:33 AM ---The Riro Carbon crank will fit a shimano compatible BB. I have 2 and on one I have the P505 PM.
BUT: the spindle on the crank is too short to be able to fit all bottom brackets. I consider this a fault in the design. I could not get the bolt of the crank tight enough with an Aliexpress BB without the bearings seizing (and I am not the only one). When I changed it to a Shimano branded BB it was OK. It seems the generic BBs usually use 7mm wide bearings and shimano uses 6mm.
Since you don't really have much choice of bottom brackets with that frame (I presume), this might become a problem.

--- End quote ---

I was only able to fit the Riro carbon crankset on my Shimano BB equipped bikes (regular PF and threaded BSA). My BB86 threaded PF bike would seize with the Riro crank. I'm surprised I haven't heard issues from other owners of this crankset. It seems quite popular.

reckonair:
Not sure where do go with this now - looking at using an LTWoo Erx but wanting to track power and prioritise weight (pick one I guess) as it’s a climbing build. Does anyone know of a crankset that would fit the case? Or just a light crankset? I can look into pedal based PMs if easier

toxin:
How much you ready to spend?

reckonair:
Not really sure tbh! Just been window shopping and pricing things up, probably about 2k on a build but can go upwards from there

toxin:
Well if you want to lose any meaningful weight on the cranks you need to go with carbon cranks.

Riro and Racework carbon cranks are the cheapest options that this forum likes but I personally really don't because of the wide q-factors and aluminium 24 mm spindles.

Next step up are Lexon carbon cranks which appear to mostly be a slightly aesthetically modified version of cybrei cranks for 65% of the price.

Then there's Elilee, Skypivot, Cybrei and a few "cybrei-esque" cranks for around 400€ all somewhere in the 320 g vicinity.

Perhaps your best option is if you can find a retailer selling discounted carbon sram red cranks. They're cheaper now to get rid of old stock as the new models will be coming in soon.

As for power meters, Favero Assioma (the only reasonable pedal pm option) and spider based power meters all come with a pretty similar weight penalty

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version