Other Resources > After The Ride

How addictive is bike building?!

(1/3) > >>

Ludo:
I did my first build earlier this year and thoroughly enjoyed the search for all components, the associated technical learning and then actual bike assembly. I am now constantly looking for excuses for the next one:
Building bike for my kids
Trying to convince friends to build rather than buy,”I’ll build it for you”
Should I built a full suspension for me?

Am I the only addict?

00Garza:
I'm not a fan of the actual building, but pricing out potential builds has become a hobby for sure.

Full sus bikes seem to have the most issues just because they have more moving parts and more "holes" that need to be within tolerance to work well.
Lots of people happy with them though.

Tijoe:
Very addictive.  I've built my own bikes for at least the past 40 years.   Shifted to primarily building bicycles using parts purchased from Aliexpress over the past 8+ years.

jonathanf2:
It's fun building bikes. I wish I had a reason to keep building them out. As it stands, my current frames constantly change regarding components. Each of my bikes are completely different from the year before!

s3si1u:
Very, very addictive. I've been building at least one bike a year for the last 3-4 years. I really enjoy painting them, too.
The entire purchase>paint>build process takes a few months, but for me it's as enjoyable as riding the thing once it's complete.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version