Other Resources > Component Deals & Selection

Awesome Pricing on Rival Drivetrain Stuff

(1/2) > >>

cucumber19:
Not necessarily on-topic for this site, but I know alot of people are doing builds here in the US.  bikecloset.com has some killer deals on SRAM components, especially Rival ... everything except batteries, cassette and rotors for $460.  Check their "Builder's Corner": https://bikecloset.com/product-category/builders-corner/

Note they have 2 different FD's, one for $59, one for $129, just a head's up!  I have no relationship with them, but have ordered from them a few times and they've been perfectly reliable.

Serge_K:
i wish we had these prices in europe, i'm sitting with 2 broken ltwoo ER9 out of the 5 i've installed, if Shimano / Sram prices made any sense in Europe, i may not have gone down the chinese route.
I wouldn't run these small chainrings and 10T cassettes though, efficiency wise, they're retarded. You can run normal 11-X cassettes and whatever cranks on SRAM groups, right?
If anyone knows of good prices on Sram / Shimano in Europe, i'm all ears.

jonathanf2:
I'm confused. For the SRAM Rival AXS shifters it's listing them both as right hand. Is that an error? Also do I have to run the SRAM crank and chain? Can I run a regular 12 speed chain and crankset instead? Tempted to try this out!

coffeebreak:
Both right shifters but with long and short hoses. Right shifter with front caliper is a pretty strange combination though.
A couple threads on ww and some comments on Reddit mentioned that flat top SRAM chains are different and without those shifting isn't optimal. Same with cassettes. Although one person vehemently denied having any issues with shifting using Shimano cassette.
I'll play safe and stick to everything SRAM the 12s stuff is sensitive as it is.

kbernstein:

--- Quote from: jonathanf2 on April 30, 2024, 09:26:30 AM ---I'm confused. For the SRAM Rival AXS shifters it's listing them both as right hand. Is that an error? Also do I have to run the SRAM crank and chain? Can I run a regular 12 speed chain and crankset instead? Tempted to try this out!

--- End quote ---
I recommend this thread - people have tried tons of combinations.
Edit: better if i include the link
https://weightweenies.starbike.com/forum/viewtopic.php?p=1865485#p1865485

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version