Other Resources > Component Deals & Selection

IIIPRO ROTORS

(1/2) > >>

alex.tomazov:
I bought these IIIPRO Bike Brake Disc rotors, the rotors do not brake as they should, I bedin them for two weeks, cleaned them, pumped the brakes, changed the pads (sram code rsc) and nothing helps, the rotors brake very poorly by their own, after these I installed TRP and Shimano rt66 rotors and they brake well

Tijoe:
I have a brand new pair I haven't used yer.  Instead, I am using several other brands of  "floating" rotors with aluminum center and steel outer disc.

Serge_K:
Strange. I'm no engineer but I wonder, given that steel is steel, why rotors would perform drastically differently. Maybe hardness / durability, heat dissipation, resistance to warping and what not, but I would have thought a steel rotor is a steel rotor, outside of "extreme" use (super long descent, heavy rider...).
I don't have enough experience with disc brakes myself to have formed a view from experience.
Given the prince difference between my rotors and what Shimano charges though, there would have to be quite literally a magical difference in performance for me to try Shimano ones.

Tijoe:

--- Quote from: Serge_K on May 03, 2024, 10:03:48 AM ---Given the prince difference between my rotors and what Shimano charges though, there would have to be quite literally a magical difference in performance for me to try Shimano ones.

--- End quote ---
Ah, The "prince difference" is what matters, his metal version of rotors obviously are not "prince worthy", and sold only to us commoners.

AzureEssence:
I'll chime in and say also avoid Zoom rotors

I got Avids from AliExpress for $10/pair instead, they are great.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version