Chinese Carbon Road Bikes > Road Bike Frames, Wheels & Components

Velobuild Quality Control

(1/4) > >>

bvin:
I am looking to purchase a Velobuild frame but I am a little concerned about the build quality. Just looking through Videos and posts on here it seems like people can have some pretty big qc issues like bottom bracket alignment and shotty paint jobs. What is the overall consensus on the frames and how much work will I have to do to get one rideable?

rasch:
The overall consensus is positive. Yet you get what you pay for. You pay 50usd for a paintjob which in other places costs at least double.

It's consensually good for the price point you pay and you shouldn't look into anything cheaper than it. Because they are unbeatable in price quality. But if you can spend more on carbonda, LC or others you'll have better quality (usually).

FullCarbonAlchemist:
I’ve seen enough VB complaints that personally I’d recommend Carbonda instead if there’s an equivalent model, but that doesn’t necessarily mean that all Velobuild frames are doomed.

Sebastian:
Well, I’ve followed the VB-R 218 thread closely and while there’s been a fair number of qc issues, at least VB handled every single one of them fairly. They readily shipped out replacement frames. But of course that doesn’t necessarily speak for good qc.

bvin:
I am really split. I am fine doing some work on the frame but really want to avoid needing to replace it right away. Spcycles has some of the same molds as Velobuild. Is their quality any better?

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version