Chinese Carbon Road Bikes > Road Bike Frames, Wheels & Components

Velobuild Quality Control

<< < (2/4) > >>

jonathanf2:

--- Quote from: bvin on May 22, 2024, 02:37:36 PM ---I am really split. I am fine doing some work on the frame but really want to avoid needing to replace it right away. Spcycles has some of the same molds as Velobuild. Is their quality any better?

--- End quote ---

I like SPcycle. They're straight forward and ship fast. Only downside is that my frame didn't come with plastic guide tubes (easy to route though) and the paint easily scratches. I would buy from them again if they had a frameset I wanted.

Eddy_Twerckx:
I have a Velobuild 168 and I’d say you get what you pay for. It was $500 for the frameset, you can’t really expect S-Works quality. Even S-Works frames have issues. If you go in with the expectation of a $500 carbon frameset, you’ll be happy and satisfied. I’ve had mine for almost two years and I love it. There are some quirks for sure, but if you’re handy with tools they aren’t an issue. I replaced the rear derailleur hanger which was a job but that’s just because I wanted something specific, the stock on is fine. My paint job has a couple chips on it but it was $100 so I find it hard to complain it still looks great overall and I get so many compliments on it it’s crazy. For the price they’re still very competitive.

Serge_K:

--- Quote from: Eddy_Twerckx on May 23, 2024, 08:33:30 AM ---I have a Velobuild 168 and I’d say you get what you pay for. It was $500 for the frameset, you can’t really expect S-Works quality. Even S-Works frames have issues. If you go in with the expectation of a $500 carbon frameset, you’ll be happy and satisfied. I’ve had mine for almost two years and I love it. There are some quirks for sure, but if you’re handy with tools they aren’t an issue. I replaced the rear derailleur hanger which was a job but that’s just because I wanted something specific, the stock on is fine. My paint job has a couple chips on it but it was $100 so I find it hard to complain it still looks great overall and I get so many compliments on it it’s crazy. For the price they’re still very competitive.

--- End quote ---

Agreed. And the 177 is improved over the 168. And the 268 is improved over both 177 & 168.

patliean1:

--- Quote from: bvin on May 22, 2024, 09:05:54 AM ---I am looking to purchase a Velobuild frame but I am a little concerned about the build quality. Just looking through Videos and posts on here it seems like people can have some pretty big qc issues like bottom bracket alignment and shotty paint jobs. What is the overall consensus on the frames and how much work will I have to do to get one rideable?

--- End quote ---

What specifically about VeloBuild has peaked your interested? Price? Geometry/Design? Paint Options? And what other brands have your crossed shopped?

This forum has years of information and use cases on Velobuild. Folks have made videos as well. More than enough to make an informed decision. If your research has still led you to the conclusion that VeloBuild has some big QC issues then it's probably best just to look elsewhere. Or reframe your expectation of what a $500 is as others above have mentioned.

Based on the feedback from customers in this forum, VeloBuild is very fair in their customer service. If you are decent with your hands and willing to put in a little sweat equity, the 177, 268, and CX002 are solid options for the price.

And welcome to the forum. There are more helpful people in here than not, and offering more context in your posts will go a long way.

blublob:
I would honestly just expect no quality control whatsoever from velobuild.
That does not mean the average quality of bikes that are shipped to the customers is bad (especially for the price), it just means there is no established process that consistently checks if what is shipped out meets some kind of internal quality standard or is exactly what the customer ordered.

If the production process is running great at that moment and you aren't looking for anything special, you'll probably get a frame punching way above its price point. If the workers in the factory had a shitty day or were in a crunch to get a batch of frames done before the holidays, you'll get a horrible frame in the mail. They might replace that shitty frame free of charge or completely refuse to do anything at all, again depending mostly on the luck of the day (and to a part your reach in media...).

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version