Chinese Carbon Road Bikes > Road Bike Frames, Wheels & Components

Road Wheelset with DT Swiss 240 Hub

(1/2) > >>

billybear:
hey guys,

i have a Gravel bike with DT Swiss GRC 1400 on it and i want to have a cheapish road Wheelset to change. Tublesessready, around 50mm.
 As i don't wanna fiddle with Brake levers any time i swap i want a wheelset with the same 240 hub.
Light-Carbon made an offer around 850.- with shipping.

are they any good? any other suggestions?

thank you!

cheers

Serge_K:
You can get quotes from Leon Hu and Peter from carbon speed, you can find both on this forum using the search.
You can also email farsports.
I think all 3, just to name 3 OEMs, will be able to quote for what you're after.
Nothing wrong with light carbon either.
Wheels are extremely commoditised. U shape T800 is going to be U shape T800.

billybear:
perfect thank you. are the hubs really original or are those fake?

Serge_K:
ask them :)
Farsports made handlebars that won at the olympics, i doubt they work with fakes.
Leon is the OEM for Elite wheels, i also doubt they work with fakes.
Peter is a good guy, i dont think he deals in fakes.
That said, i've never paid up to get DT swiss hubs, so i really dont know how prevalent fakes are. What i do know is that most OEMs are using hubs either unbranded (their in house hubs), or the likes of Novatec & Bitex that, for all intended purposes, are replicating DT swiss without calling it DT swiss. Which is why i've never paid extra to get an actual dt swiss hub.

billybear:
ok thank you

i don't wanna change brake position every time i change the wheelset. with a replica i should not really have the problem if they build it like the original 240s? or should i just shim the brakerotors?

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version