Author Topic: Ace Sprint carbon wheels on Aliexpress  (Read 2109 times)

Wildh24

Re: Ace Sprint carbon wheels on Aliexpress
« Reply #15 on: February 21, 2024, 07:31:36 PM »
Quick update on these. Had a chance to go for a short spin on these.  They're quick!  Definitely can feel the roughly 1 lb less weight than my prior set on getting them up to speed. There were some very small spoke adjustments I made to get the trueness perfect. These, and I'm sure most carbon spoke wheels, require a 5.5mm hex socket wrench from the rim side to adjust spoke nipples. Took me a bit to figure that out.  I like the design, but it does require retaping to adjust spokes.

I'll have to report back after some longer term use but initial rides were positive.

Jet the Panda

« Reply #16 on: June 23, 2024, 06:32:11 AM »
Quick update on these. Had a chance to go for a short spin on these.  They're quick!  Definitely can feel the roughly 1 lb less weight than my prior set on getting them up to speed. There were some very small spoke adjustments I made to get the trueness perfect. These, and I'm sure most carbon spoke wheels, require a 5.5mm hex socket wrench from the rim side to adjust spoke nipples. Took me a bit to figure that out.  I like the design, but it does require retaping to adjust spokes.

I'll have to report back after some longer term use but initial rides were positive.
Any chance of a longer term update?

Wildh24

« Reply #17 on: June 23, 2024, 07:14:38 AM »
Any chance of a longer term update?

I've got about 300 miles on them.  Zero issues. Ended up getting a different bike with disc brakes and I've got another order in with them.

Not quite as quick on the second order in term of delivery due to some delays in spoke availability, but I like them enough that I didn't hesitate on a second set.