Author Topic: Having a problem with Wheeltop EDS TX  (Read 3017 times)

Leggett24

Having a problem with Wheeltop EDS TX
« on: July 04, 2024, 10:46:05 AM »
I'm glad I found this site, it looks like the place to hopefully get some help with the issue without kneejerk responses.
I installed Hydraulic EDS TX on my bike 2 months ago, it was a bit finicky to set up but it's been perfect since then. Until yesterday. My rear derailleur has lost its mind. It no longer shifts and sometimes disconnects from the app before I can even get to the debugging menu. The red charging light was flashing for hours yesterday and is on today without the charging cable connected. I believe everything is paired because all 4 components show up in the App and because I re-paired everything just in case. In the App it says it's in a different gear nearly everytime I look at it.
I'm kind of freaking out and after describing it I'm not feeling very hopeful. The manual is not helpful for any of this so I'm hoping someone might be able to offer some guidance. Is there a way to reset it completely? If it's not something I can fix myself does anyone know the best way to contact Wheeltop, I think I saw somewhere they have a Canadian office or distributor? I haven't looked yet but hopefully you can buy individual components now.
Thanks for any help you can offer. I guess it's always a bit of a gamble buying from AliExpress but in the end I know given how much stuff I buy I'm still way ahead.

toxin

Serge_K

Re: Having a problem with Wheeltop EDS TX
« Reply #2 on: July 04, 2024, 01:54:23 PM »
welcome. and good luck. sounds like you're the first one on here to have problems similar to the multitiude of issues that's been plaguing Ltwoo er9 / erx groupsets.
do let us know how you get on with your issue.
i installed 5 ltwoo er9 groups, 3 died, 1 doesn't charge properly, and ltwoo is actively useless (ghosting & so on) at warranty support.
Fast on the flat. And nowhere else.

Leggett24

« Reply #3 on: July 04, 2024, 03:55:44 PM »
On the positive side, I asked the AliExpress vendor I bought it from, (Rockbros Gobike store) if they could suggest anything. They asked me to send a video so they could offer the best solution. Better than nothing

Fleckinger

« Reply #4 on: July 06, 2024, 03:32:29 AM »
I'm glad I found this site, it looks like the place to hopefully get some help with the issue without kneejerk responses.
I installed Hydraulic EDS TX on my bike 2 months ago, it was a bit finicky to set up but it's been perfect since then. Until yesterday. My rear derailleur has lost its mind. It no longer shifts and sometimes disconnects from the app before I can even get to the debugging menu. The red charging light was flashing for hours yesterday and is on today without the charging cable connected. I believe everything is paired because all 4 components show up in the App and because I re-paired everything just in case. In the App it says it's in a different gear nearly everytime I look at it.
I'm kind of freaking out and after describing it I'm not feeling very hopeful. The manual is not helpful for any of this so I'm hoping someone might be able to offer some guidance. Is there a way to reset it completely? If it's not something I can fix myself does anyone know the best way to contact Wheeltop, I think I saw somewhere they have a Canadian office or distributor? I haven't looked yet but hopefully you can buy individual components now.
Thanks for any help you can offer. I guess it's always a bit of a gamble buying from AliExpress but in the end I know given how much stuff I buy I'm still way ahead.

I assume that your battery has shorted. Try to remove the battery and check if it continues flashing. Check the battery contacts and the contacts on the derailleur for any signs of oxidation (corrosion). Clean the contacts if necessary. Try charging the battery using a wall charger independently of the derailleur.

Here is the video on how to remove battery and prevent water ingress youtube.com/watch?v=-k5TzYEYwJg turn on subtitles auto translation.

In the attachments there is a video with a similar problem, do you have the same flashing?

And check this topic https://chinertown.com/index.php/topic,4614.315.html
« Last Edit: July 06, 2024, 03:36:08 AM by Fleckinger »

Linsook

« Reply #5 on: July 06, 2024, 10:55:32 AM »

Ezbike.ca (Richmond Hill, Ontario) is their distributor for the OX (older removable battery model). Don't think they will be much help for the TX.

Wheeltop will not support warranty if you purchased from other channels such as AliExpress - they will advise you to deal with the reseller. 

I'm not familiar with your issue, hopefully the AliExpress seller will be able to help you out with a replacement. 

Leggett24

« Reply #6 on: July 10, 2024, 01:54:28 PM »
I assume that your battery has shorted. Try to remove the battery and check if it continues flashing. Check the battery contacts and the contacts on the derailleur for any signs of oxidation (corrosion). Clean the contacts if necessary. Try charging the battery using a wall charger independently of the derailleur.

Here is the video on how to remove battery and prevent water ingress youtube.com/watch?v=-k5TzYEYwJg turn on subtitles auto translation.

In the attachments there is a video with a similar problem, do you have the same flashing?

And check this topic https://chinertown.com/index.php/topic,4614.315.html

That's actually what the seller told me to check. There was a bit of moisture and rust inside. Cleaning it all up didn't fix it. The seller has now asked if they can send me a new one.

Sand101

« Reply #7 on: July 15, 2024, 01:30:49 PM »

Looks like there needs to be a thin gasket or at least waterproof grease at that interface.  Looks like the battery compartment is sealed up pretty well (though it would be nice to see if the cells themselves can be swapped out), but that compartment containing the interface isn't.

« Reply #8 on: July 29, 2024, 09:19:33 PM »
Has anyone had problems with wheeltop eds tx trim shift on phone app, some strange reason that my doesnt adjust properly has anyone else experinced this problem. I will be taking it back to seller if the bikeshop cant solve problem. Not happy with this product.

Leggett24

« Reply #9 on: July 30, 2024, 08:12:31 PM »
My new derailleur arrived, I'm quite pleased about that

MartinSolder

« Reply #10 on: July 31, 2024, 10:46:06 AM »
I have heard that there is a fine tune function with the wheeltop EDS TX system. Something like holding buttons on both side for 3 seconds however I am not sure what that then does. Has anyone heard of this and knows how it works?

Fleckinger

« Reply #11 on: August 02, 2024, 02:05:56 AM »
I have heard that there is a fine tune function with the wheeltop EDS TX system. Something like holding buttons on both side for 3 seconds however I am not sure what that then does. Has anyone heard of this and knows how it works?
Here is manual https://cdn.shopify.com/s/files/1/0589/9655/5828/files/EDS-TX_instructions.pdf?v=1707117217
Page 45

First, an important point: this is the initial setting, i.e. moving the derailleur relative to the entire cassette.
The second important point: The buttons have two "pressed" positions. The first - after touching but without a click - it apparently turns on the electronics and prepares to receive a command. And the second - a click - is the actual command to switch.

1. Press the small button in the first, without a click, position (see above). Hold for 5 seconds.
2. The green LED on the derailleur will light up.
3. Within 3 seconds after this, press the small button 5 times in a row. Also, without clicking.
4. The blue LED on the derailleur will light up. This means you have entered the mode.
5. Adjust the derailleur by pressing the buttons all the way, with a click. Everything is intuitive here, as with shifting: the small button moves outward, the large one - inward. The step (according to the instructions) is 0.2 mm.
6. Exit the mode by holding the button on the left handle for more than 3 seconds.

wolfi

« Reply #12 on: August 27, 2024, 02:19:14 AM »
Hi,

Do you know, how to enter the manual trim mode on the MTB paddle?

I accidentially startet the "initial setup" while my derailleur was on the second gear and now it is stucked there. I read, that I need to move it down all the way by "manual trimming with the paddle".

Additionally: Has anybody experience with setting up the MTB derailleur with a XT 11-46 cassette? Mine does not shift from the 37 to the 46 cog.

Thanks
Wolfgang

Crash217

« Reply #13 on: August 27, 2024, 10:03:47 AM »
Hi,

Do you know, how to enter the manual trim mode on the MTB paddle?

I accidentially startet the "initial setup" while my derailleur was on the second gear and now it is stucked there. I read, that I need to move it down all the way by "manual trimming with the paddle".

Additionally: Has anybody experience with setting up the MTB derailleur with a XT 11-46 cassette? Mine does not shift from the 37 to the 46 cog.

Thanks

Wolfgang

It took me about 2 hours of fiddling with my MTB wheeltop system to get it running right.  The instructions and app aren't super coherent or intuitive.  There is a switch on the backside of the mtb paddle that you need to switched during calibration vs normal running.   When mine would get "stuck" on a gear during calibration I resorted to tapping the micro adjust button on the paddle or in the app until the derailleur bottomed out and then restarted the setup process.  I found avoiding the micro step page until the end points were set was what kept me from having the derailleur "stop" mid way into the range.

wolfi

« Reply #14 on: August 28, 2024, 05:49:20 AM »
Thanks for you answer, meanwhile I found solutions for my problems.
1.) It is also possible with the app to move the derailleur down to it's initial position, just do it in the "initial setup" menu (I got a mail from support with the instructions)

2.) Shifting to 46 sprocket is also possible now for me. My chain was too long and I had to remove one chainlink. I discovered this also after fiddling around for ~2 hours.

A short test ride today worked fine for me, also shifting under heavy torque on a steep section was no problem.