Chinese Carbon MTB > 29er

Spcycle 2024 New M868 Downcountry Full Suspension Frame

<< < (5/6) > >>

fabus80:
Was there a problem with spcycle previously?

spcycle:
The right one is the new carbon rocker arm.

Engikris:

--- Quote from: fabus80 on September 16, 2024, 03:07:39 PM ---Was there a problem with spcycle previously?

--- End quote ---
There are several posts of peeps reporting broken suspension arm as well as cracked frames if you google the keywords.
They are claiming to adress those issues with the M868 launch, but since there are also several posts in this forum about other SPcycle frame quality issues, i'm probably going to either skip buying it or wait until others confirming that quality issues have really been solved.
The second problem with them - according to few posts also in this forum, is not honoring their warranty. A couple of buyers left with a broken frame and no replacement in sight.
Either way, SPcycle not doing too good lately with all this bad publishity.

Vortac:

--- Quote from: federic000 on September 16, 2024, 08:33:07 AM ---better to test carefully this time, i would do it twice  ;) ;)

--- End quote ---

Did SP-Cycle replace your broken frame?  It's been a few months...

Vortac:

--- Quote from: spcycle on August 02, 2024, 04:40:47 AM ---In theory it is possible to drill holes in the head tube or down tube of the frame to achieve semi-integrated cables. I will confirm this with our engineers.

--- End quote ---

Didnt you guys already have two versions of the M861, one with fully internal cables (through headset) and the other one with "partially" internal routing, where the cables would not go through the headset, but traditionally through holes on the frame?  Why wouldnt that apply to this frame, if all thats different is the rocker and rear triangle?

Also does this mean that current M861 frames sold come only with the aluminum rocker arm, but the same old, 'weaker' rear triangle, in order to avoid issues like what happened to federic000?

Thx.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version