Author Topic: dcrf26 frame - Scott Foil?  (Read 25687 times)

Sebastian

Re: dcrf26 frame - Scott Foil?
« Reply #150 on: August 06, 2024, 05:15:04 AM »
mine came from sequel store on aliexpress

Mine too. Still going strong and I like it a lot. But I can’t recommend this seller. See my post above. If I had the choice again, I’d buy from Tan Tan.

lantz

« Reply #151 on: August 06, 2024, 03:21:34 PM »
As I'm not super well-versed in all of the specifics around different top-spec frames/etc. - is there an analogue for this seatpost shape that I could use to find a different dust cover? The one with the TanTan was just a flat rubber cover that shifts side to side very easily and it's tight around the post.

I'll take the calipers to the post when I get home and see if I can't cross reference them, but if it's an easy reference to another seatpost that's searchable, please god tell me.

Sebastian

« Reply #152 on: August 07, 2024, 01:00:20 AM »
Mine is like that too. While it’s not super annoying, I think I’m just gonna leave it off at some point. It does little to avoid water ingress anyway. I might just seal the seatpost with silicone, if it concerns me. I don’t adjust the seat height anyway now that everything is set correctly. But you might get away with the original Foil dust cover which only covers the seatpost wedge. It probably slots into the screw head.

lantz

« Reply #153 on: August 07, 2024, 02:57:18 PM »
Mine is like that too. While it’s not super annoying, I think I’m just gonna leave it off at some point. It does little to avoid water ingress anyway. I might just seal the seatpost with silicone, if it concerns me. I don’t adjust the seat height anyway now that everything is set correctly. But you might get away with the original Foil dust cover which only covers the seatpost wedge. It probably slots into the screw head.

Good shout.