Chinese Carbon MTB > 26er & 27.5 (650b)

BXT 24" build

<< < (4/5) > >>

jefflinde:

--- Quote from: Chris948 on September 11, 2024, 10:02:19 PM ---It's childs play on 15 year old reba dual airs. The two I bought are about 120mm, but have a spacer to reduce it to 100mm. I 3d printer another spacer to shrink them to 80mm forks. Took $2 and 1 hour.

--- End quote ---

no way,  so you 3d printed a shorter spacer?  or is it a longer spacer?  would you be willing to make another and how much would you charge?  i was thinking it needed a whole new airshaft like the 29er rebas require.  could i

Chris948:

--- Quote from: jefflinde on September 12, 2024, 07:58:36 AM ---no way,  so you 3d printed a shorter spacer?  or is it a longer spacer?  would you be willing to make another and how much would you charge?  i was thinking it needed a whole new airshaft like the 29er rebas require.  could i

--- End quote ---

If you look at the pic, the stock hard rubber spacer is on the left, that shortens the fork 20mm. I added the middle spacer, that reduced the fork another 20mm.

I mean I could help you, if your air side is identical, no problem. You could save time and money and have a local library or maker space print one. I used PETG but I doubt it matters much.

These reba dual airs are pretty sweet. After reducing the length for a 24" bike, you can either shorten or remove the spacer, which I did so it's a 120mm fork for my kids 26" bike.

Chris948:

--- Quote from: Ludo on September 12, 2024, 01:21:14 AM ---I never played with spacers but doesn’t that just affect the travel on the compressed side of the stroke, acting like a stop? What I was thinking was reducing the stroke length so that both lower and uppers could be shorter, to minimize the overall length and allowed a lower front end

--- End quote ---

It reduces the overall length. Rockshox sold the spacers years ago, it's a documented thing.

Ludo:
That’s a great, I didn’t realize that! Opens up things nicely then, off to find a good 26” fork then

Ludo:
Can the same be done on more modern 26 reba like the SL?

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version