Author Topic: Enduro build weight and price  (Read 824 times)

jacquesmrl

Enduro build weight and price
« on: August 24, 2024, 01:12:03 PM »
Hi all,

Looking to build my self an enduro bike and seeking for inspiration / advice.
I currently ride a downcountry bike but i'm mostly like to ride downhill, so looking for something significally bigger but not too heavy. Ideally something around 160mm of travel for 14kg (or lighter of course). And what are the cost of your build? I know it depends a lot on what you use but i would still give me a rough idea

Also, from what i've seen the main brands that people use for enduro are Lightcarbon, Carbonda and Ican, are all three of these good quality and safe? Other brand to recommend?

So yeah, let me know what's your enduro weight and price, and any piece of gear that you've find very good or any advice for building up an enduro bike.

Thanks!

jefflinde

Re: Enduro build weight and price
« Reply #1 on: August 25, 2024, 04:06:33 PM »
I have the light carbon 947 with Suntour suspension and Shimano XT brakes and drive train.  I am at 30lbs with Bird wheels and about 31lbs with some Ex511 and steel spokes. 

Not including the bird wheels and just the EX511's I have about 2500-2700 into the build. 

StefanB

« Reply #2 on: August 26, 2024, 07:59:06 AM »
The LSFS947 is a great and proven design. I have built 5-6 of the LCFS947 for me, my son, friends.

And it can be built with budget components or highend components for future upgrades.

« Last Edit: August 26, 2024, 08:01:02 AM by StefanB »

Chamomile

« Reply #3 on: September 06, 2024, 09:38:46 AM »
Regarding LCFS947 - pay attention to the seat post insert length, Light Carbon has quite retarded design here. I'm running their trail frame (LCFS958), and the maximum you can use at 19" size is 150 mm without any voodoo magic. I managed to install a 170 mm OneUp dropper (180 mm shimmed), but it was a bit tricky (see the pics below). The claimed seat depth is 200 mm, and in the case of 947, it's even 170 mm. I kinda have long legs (88 cm inseam being 181 cm), so there's more room for me. If you have a more usual inseam - keep it in mind. While running 958 in a bike park or whatever decent technical enduro or flow trails with jumps, I still would prefer to have an even lower seat.

As for the rest of the weight and price: carbon handlebar and rims, light pedals, and tires. I bought whatever 29" noname 29 mm inner width from AliExpress several years ago (around 450 grams, I assume), running with inserts + 791/2 Novatec hubs. No problems so far (I'm 75 kg fully equipped), but it's overkill. Next time, I will stay at 400 g. You can consider Goldix hubs as a light and cheap alternative to DT Swiss 350, but check reviews, some require a little bit of "optimization".

PS: used this cable guide: https://www.aliexpress.com/item/4000865294668.html