Other Resources > Maintenance, Mechanics, & Tools

Compressed nitrogen for tubeless tires

<< < (2/2)

bremerradkurier:

--- Quote from: jonathanf2 on September 13, 2024, 01:03:21 PM ---I say give it a try. The pros seems to outweigh the cons when it comes to price and convenience. You'll know right away if 100% nitrogen will allow the sealant to do its job properly by sealing the bead and any potential air leaks. At the very least, you'll have a cheap and efficient pump for tire beading.

--- End quote ---

Sort of the plan-Schwalbe AirShott charge tank, the Zitto clone that's barely cheaper, and a floor pump with a charge tank are all much more expensive.

Also heard CO2 cartridges, besides being kind of expensive for bead setting, are also not great for sealant service life.

jonathanf2:

--- Quote from: bremerradkurier on September 13, 2024, 01:16:55 PM ---Sort of the plan-Schwalbe AirShott charge tank, the Zitto clone that's barely cheaper, and a floor pump with a charge tank are all much more expensive.

Also heard CO2 cartridges, besides being kind of expensive for bead setting, are also not great for sealant service life.

--- End quote ---

If it wasn't for the gas station near me, I'd probably try what you're doing. CO2 should only be used for road side repairs. They still recommend you pump them with air when you get home. My 25mm internal hookless wheels are the best at beading. With new tires and a bit of soapy water, they bead easily with a floor pump. My 21mm internal hooked wheels, require a quick gas station stop to use their free air.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[*] Previous page

Go to full version