Other Resources > After The Ride

Discussion of Big Name Brands Manufacturing in China

<< < (2/2)

MTNRCKT:
Intense is probably my favorite name brand manufacturer. Not sure why. Prob just their marketing and branding bc I've never actually ridden one, but if I was going to buy name brand (which I wouldn't) I'd go with Intense or Niner. Either way, Intense is def not new, but they are kinda "newish" when compared to Trek and Specialized and all the others so I think both of you guys a re right in a way  ;D  I also like that they seem to be be more upfront about the sourcing of their frames.

So, isn't Niner pretty much the only MTB manufacturer that actually has their own carbon production facilities? I may be way wrong on that but thought I read it somewhere.

Carbon_Dude:

--- Quote from: MTNRCKT on March 23, 2015, 08:30:48 AM ---So, isn't Niner pretty much the only MTB manufacturer that actually has their own carbon production facilities? I may be way wrong on that but thought I read it somewhere.

--- End quote ---

If they have their own production facility, it must be in China.  According to a review in DirtRag Magazine, COO of the bike is China. 
http://dirtragmag.com/review-niner-air-9-carbon/

Not sure if any of the big brand names are US made, with the exception of the top of the line Trek road bikes.  Trek claims those are still US made.  Note that "Made in the USA" is a very narrow statement these days, meaning even the raw materials originated in the US.

MTNRCKT:
Hmm. I'll dig for it, Carbon_Dude, but I'm fairly certain I read an article talking about how Niner has their own carbon plant in Korea. And I think it was a pretty recent addition, so perhaps that article which was written in 2011 was correct at the time.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[*] Previous page

Go to full version